Veloster Turbo Forum banner
161 - 180 of 219 Posts
That explains it. Among the Veloster turbo folks, "nav" often gets used as a short hand for "naturally aspirated Veloster".

Issues mounting .iso image.

Having a problem mounting the .iso image from either of the two locations using either isotousb or RUFUS.

Here is the problem...

Text Font Line Software Computer icon

Text Blue Font Line Technology

I watched the youtube videos but they don't talk about this...can anyone help?

Thank you,

Greywulf73
Juan

EDIT: Simply dragging and dropping work. Not sure if it will actually upload and fix my issues of the phone buttons not working (on the deck OR the steering wheel) or the Bluetooth initializing forever and never actually doing so...

MODEL LNC1100ENFS
SW 5.1.42
MICOM 5.3.59 (FS-CANADA)
MAP USA.05.44.59.001

BTW, this is a replacement unit as my original would not even allow any connection to any phone at 75,000 km. The map shows yellow times on screen so, I know this unit has already been updated once over the original software.

Having a problem mounting the .iso image from either of the two locations using either isotousb or RUFUS.

Here is the problem...

View attachment 90753

View attachment 90761

I watched the youtube videos but they don't talk about this...can anyone help?

Thank you,

Greywulf73
Juan

EDIT: Simply dragging and dropping work. Not sure if it will actually upload and fix my issues of the phone buttons not working (on the deck OR the steering wheel) or the Bluetooth initializing forever and never actually doing so...

MODEL LNC1100ENFS
SW 5.1.42
MICOM 5.3.59 (FS-CANADA)
MAP USA.05.44.59.001

BTW, this is a replacement unit as my original would not even allow any connection to any phone at 75,000 km. The map shows yellow times on screen so, I know this unit has already been updated once over the original software.
I used a 64gb thumbdrive, formatted it to fat32 using rufus (https://rufus.akeo.ie/) then simply erased anything that rufus created (i unchecked the box that says make bootable, see attached picture of my rufus settings), and copied the contents from within the ISO. didn't make a bootable or anything else. I turned the car on, let the system turn on, insterted the USB, and it asked me to update. Then I left the car on until it was completely done.
I have 2012 Veloster with NAV, and Update worked like a charm.

Text Font Line Screenshot Number

Did the upgrade on my 2013 VT Canada model. Unfortunately my Bluetooth still drops for the phone calls after 10 seconds. My music still comes through. very frustrated right now as I can't make hands free calls. I am out of solutions.

good luck everyone

I registred to say thank you !

I own a Veloster TechPack 2014 with Dimension audio. I'm in Canada.

I had some issue with Bluetooth audio streaming, crackling noise while playing music. Almost un-usable

I made the update and now everything is working well, Hyundai said to me that was impossible to solve this issue but here we are :).

Before update :

Model : LNC1100ENFS
SW : 5.1.58(NA)
BT : 130924
MICOM : 5.3.60 ( FS-CAN24 )

After Update :

Model : LNC1100ENFS
SW : 5.1.68(NA)
BT : 544619
MICOM : 5.3.63 ( FS-CAN24 )

Thanks again !

IS this the latest firmware as of today? I just got a 2015 Turbo with the 8 speakers no nav. Hvae an iphone 6s and my bluetooth and pandora audio drop all the time. Sometimes it kicks my phone out and i have to reset the radio and forget the connection on my phone to re-pair it and get it to work for another half hour before it does it again. Will this thing only work over bluetooth? Sad thing is I run a repair shop and fix phones for a living. We help people set their cars up all the time. This radio is kicking my ass :(

In order to save some of you some frustration and time so you don't feel as stupid as I did I'm going to explain how I FINALLY got it to work.
I downloaded the file provided, double clicked the file to open it in my windows 10 program that was already installed(I downloaded a few because multiple posts on this thread led me to believe I needed to). That program is called Power2Go. Once on that program I clicked the file and it shows you the multiple files within that file. I simply Highlighted said files and extracted it onto my USB. and thats all I did and it worked on my 2013 VT with Navigation. I don't know why multiple posts on this thread just further complicated things, I tried rufus, isotousb, and poweriso and had ZERO luck, especially every program saying that it couldn't read the file. I hope I save you guys the amount of frustration I just went through just to find out it was as simple as extracting.

Discussion starter · #171 ·
IS this the latest firmware as of today? I just got a 2015 Turbo with the 8 speakers no nav. Hvae an iphone 6s and my bluetooth and pandora audio drop all the time. Sometimes it kicks my phone out and i have to reset the radio and forget the connection on my phone to re-pair it and get it to work for another half hour before it does it again. Will this thing only work over bluetooth? Sad thing is I run a repair shop and fix phones for a living. We help people set their cars up all the time. This radio is kicking my ass :(
This is the latest firmware that has been released via USB drive. After this Hyundai went to using a PC-to-PC Transfer cable to have the dealers update the radio's with a shop laptop. There may be later updates but we will never get ahold of them with someone who works at a dealer giving us the hookup.

Check your SW version in the head unit settings. If it isnt 5.1.68 then this will help. If it is 5.1.68 or later your radio may need to be replaced. I suspect you just need this update, all of the problems you have are exactly what this update fixes. Good luck.

Reactions: Bueler
Discussion starter · #172 ·
In order to save some of you some frustration and time so you don't feel as stupid as I did I'm going to explain how I FINALLY got it to work.
I downloaded the file provided, double clicked the file to open it in my windows 10 program that was already installed(I downloaded a few because multiple posts on this thread led me to believe I needed to). That program is called Power2Go. Once on that program I clicked the file and it shows you the multiple files within that file. I simply Highlighted said files and extracted it onto my USB. and thats all I did and it worked on my 2013 VT with Navigation. I don't know why multiple posts on this thread just further complicated things, I tried rufus, isotousb, and poweriso and had ZERO luck, especially every program saying that it couldn't read the file. I hope I save you guys the amount of frustration I just went through just to find out it was as simple as extracting.
Aerin, sorry your ran into troubles with the update process itself. These files seem to just work for some people and other they give endless problems. If I was local to you I'd gladly have done it for you, but I'm willing to bet you don't live in England.

Did you get it installed? Have you noticed improvements?

I have a 2013 Veloster Style (which is a non-turbo, non-nav with sunroof and carbon fiber accents) and I'm using a SanDisk Cruzer Glide 32GB disk. Verified multiple times I'm using the non-nav file. Running Windows 10 1607. Live in Oklahoma.
I honestly doubt my version of the Veloster has anything to do with it as it basically uses the same head unit as all the others, but I'm willing to accept it as a slight possibility.

ISOtoUSB almost writes the entire file then at the end I get a message saying "Cannot write ISO to the drive."

I've tried copying the H folder and contents directly to the drive after mounting the ISO. Also tried copying the contents within the H folder directly to the root of the drive. Both times I plug in my drive, Unit says "reading disk" and then goes back to the default screen after a couple seconds like it didn't find anything.

Rufus says it's an invalid file just as grinsnsmiles posted about a page back. Tried the responded solution of formatting the drive with Rufus and just copying and pasting the H folder and just the contents of the folder. Same results as without formatting with Rufus.

I have no clue how using Power2Go 11 can be used to "click the file and it shows you the multiple files within that file." It's just a CD/DVD burning program. Or is it used to mount the ISO like Windows 10 natively does? (and yes, I downloaded, installed, and browsed the program)

Dealership knew nothing and suggested to call Hyundai support. They knew even worse than nothing.

I'm infuriated by this point as Bluetooth connectivity has been spotty and the Pandora functionality stopped working completely since I updated my Android to 7.0. Before that I would get the Pandora logo instead of (what I'm assuming should be) the album artwork.
So if I could get some help I would be awfully grateful!

Thanks for posting this firmware. I have been looking for it for years.
Here is a data point.
I upgraded my 2012 NAV Veloster with Navigation without any issue.
Went for a 30min drive while it updated. It's a little slow to start. Probably 5 min sitting at 0%.

This firmware did fix the issue with USB music starting at the first song every time for me.
It also started showing the correct name of the song on the head unit, when I stream Pandora from my phone.
Before it only showed the first song name or the name of a song when I skipped one.

It still does not remember if I have the usb set to shuffle after I turn the car off. It just plays the next song after the one it was last playing.
Over all it is a good upgrade, though not perfect.

Thanks again!

I'm having an issue with this, 2013 with NAV, used the NAV file, tried multiple drives, it always gets stuck at .83gb, the system is mostly usable even after the failed update, but things are definitely not right, eg clock no longer works , titles and icons are missing or incorrect. Does anyone have a newer version of this file ? Or can upload the old image with the "H" folder ? Maybe that would correct it. Anyway I left it for over an hour with no luck :(.

I'm beginning to think that the image is incomplete, the iso is only 800mb, the installer seems to think its over 1gb, and it keeps getting stuck @ .83

Does anyone else have the image from a working nav flash? Can you tell me the size of the iso? or maybe the "update" file within the image?

161 - 180 of 219 Posts