Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
50-100mm of rain forecast for today.
It's pouring like mad - localized flooding everywhere it seems.

Glad to report that even in torrential downpour, the VT handles amazingly well.
Kind of wish there was 1 faster speed on the wipers though.

It's days like this that I fear getting a CAI for the hydrolock...some of these puddles get pretty deep around here...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I had a similar experience the day I picked up mine, 8/4. It just started to rain as I left the dealer and less than a mile from the dealer, I had to dodge 2 downed branches in the road and also had to cross multiple intersections that had 4+ inches of water in them. Surprisingly, I made it through when other vehicles appeared afraid to go. I was pleased with the handling when dealing with obstacles since I was not able to see them until the last second. Visibility was bad and there were times when I would have loved to have a faster speed on the wipers.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
50-100mm of rain forecast for today.
It's pouring like mad - localized flooding everywhere it seems.

Glad to report that even in torrential downpour, the VT handles amazingly well.
Kind of wish there was 1 faster speed on the wipers though.

It's days like this that I fear getting a CAI for the hydrolock...some of these puddles get pretty deep around here...
even with a CAI, the filter still will be sitting a foot off the ground so you will have to worry about the car floating away before you have to worry about hydrolock..

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
even with a CAI, the filter still will be sitting a foot off the ground so you will have to worry about the car floating away before you have to worry about hydrolock..
Challenge accepted :)

This is Truro at the moment...
Water Flood Property Mode of transport Rain

It's actually getting pretty bad out there. I feel bad for those poor people.

Reactions: hail2030

·
Registered
373 Posts
Drove through the mountains in a insane downpour with falling rocks and such, ended up stopping under a tunnel but not because of handling. Didnt want to take a boulder to the side of the car! And that's on the horrid stock tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts