Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Would you consider plastidip'n the casing so they aren't as visible through grill?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you consider plastidip'n the casing so they aren't as visible through grill?
Not me personally. I love the look of them.

Reactions: MiDiablo

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do they sound
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP combined with WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNK

lol, It's a low tone horn and a high tone, so its a mix of two sounds, one very tiny ear peircing one and one lower punchy tone.

I was ran off the road by a rig the other day, he couldn't hear my stock horn, I can assure you they will hear my new on

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How hard to install... cost? Link?
Lol, didnt think there would be this much interest.

Erm, not to hard no. A middle schooler could wire them. It just depends on how nice you want the final product to look and if you have a good drill and materials.

I'll shoot a sound clip when its not 11pm ;)

Hmm cost, 35-40 USD I believe. You'll also need to buy some brackets to bend and mount to.

If 2 of you guys say you are actually wanting to do the Install I'll do a full write up.

Amazon.com: hella supertone

There are plenty of crappy knock offs so watch out.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had started looking around for actual trumpet style horns with the "compact" electrical compressor.. The "pissed off mouse" of a sound we currently have is a major FAIL. I'm ashamed to hit the horn when I need to.
The Hellas sound very european but loud.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I sanded and repainted them to color match the calipers.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Would love a install write up...
Alright, I'll be on the puter quite a bit this weekend ironing out some bugs on a application so when my eyes start to bleed I'll take a break and do a write up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey, I know it's been awhile, but I was wondering if you ever wrote up a DIY? I'm thinking of picking up the hella horns myself, but I'm a little hesitant about the installation.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts