Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... i am keeping the factory amp but wanting to add a new amp just for my sub set up. Issue im haveing in thinking this out is one the REM wire??? well where am i going to get that due to fact im keeping OEM head unit and i like to not tap into the fuse box.
Two i have seen most need power to operate like the Welcome has and thats no issue but i will it require a full power lead just like the new amp will or because it draws such little amount of power can it be taped into from anouther source?

Who here has used and had a good experience with a conveter as this be my first useing one and want to do it right first time.

·
Registered
250 Posts
For the remote line, check the rear to see if there's any running light.

Any positive with power when the car is on will do the trick for you.

No clue on the signal converter. There are no pre-amp output from the headunit?? That sucks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just noticed you're in Benning.......... I'm right over here in Albany Ga!

I think a couple of us are going to plan a meet in Atlanta area!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
You buy a PAC line convertor with built in remote turn on wire like i did and tap into a constant 12v source and then the speaker lines., this adds a new remote line for your amp and your good to go.

I will have a write up for it soon, i am still doing the install.
Ok... i am keeping the factory amp but wanting to add a new amp just for my sub set up. Issue im haveing in thinking this out is one the REM wire??? well where am i going to get that due to fact im keeping OEM head unit and i like to not tap into the fuse box.
Two i have seen most need power to operate like the Welcome has and thats no issue but i will it require a full power lead just like the new amp will or because it draws such little amount of power can it be taped into from anouther source?

Who here has used and had a good experience with a conveter as this be my first useing one and want to do it right first time.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok Dcannon203 i like your idea but i have heard that better quality converters make a difference like the cheap ones that need no power are like pass through type but the ones that need power add signal quality...

Also pass us a link where you got yours and or the model an type.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I got mine just for adding a sub so I didnt need much but yes they o have ones for redoing the whole car... Mine is purchased from amazon.com for $14 and does not throw a feedback signal. http://www.pac-audio.com/UserImages/SOEM-T.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts