Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I think this is something I really need to figure out. It does relate to my Catch Can post, but I am getting more and more concerned about my catch can leaking.

So after installing my catch can, I hear a leak when getting up close to it. I am not sure whether it's suppose to sound like that (the can is making the noise from inside) or there is actually a leak in my hoses. I felt for any air coming through my hoses and there seems to be none. I also blew some cigarette smoke at my car to see if I can locate the leak... When I rub around the nipple, it seems to change noises. I might get teflon tape and try doing something crazy. The hoses are pretty strong though and I don't think over tightening the hose clamps would rip the hose in any way...

My turbo seems to be running fine and the ecu isn't throwing any CELs. It doesn't go limp mode, no overboost, and according to my Torque app the vacuum seems to be normal.

The can is not baffled; I am planning on getting some ss scouring pad at walmart or wherever this weekend.

Here are two videos I took. One the day of installation and today (now).

NOW:
DAY OF INSTALL:

·
Registered
983 Posts
The nipples on my catch can be removed by unscrewing them, Indy I had to install them, maybe try tightening those up if your's do the same

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I tried a CC like that and found it had 2 problems: 1. It ended up leaking around the bottom 2. It had a vacuum leak at the sight hose. I just took it out and I'm going to put in a billet one like Lagonwagon.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bottom is definitely not leaking on mine. I'm going to try buying teflon tape and wrapping it around the nipple's screw. I can screw it off and on just like 3Sxturbo mentioned. It's definitely coming from either of those two nipples. I'll update this as soon as I get my hands on some taflon tape and some time.

EDIT: It's just weird... maybe the leak isn't significant enough for any immediate effects on my turbo. if it still leaks after the teflon tape, I am just going to remove the whole deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts