Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help removing my aftermarket Magnaflow exhaust and Pierce catless downpipe from my 2013 Veloster Turbo. Then reinstalling the factory parts (which I have). I'm trading the car in and I don't think the aftermarket parts are going to help my cause, especially the catless downpipe with the check engine light on (if I'm wrong please let me know).

Taking it to the dealership this Sunday 07-19-15. If someone could help me sometime Wednesday-Friday after 5 or Saturday sometime that would be greatly appreciated!

I work in Chino Hills, live in Corona and always in Orange County so if someone from around there is available please message me!
Thank you!

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'd be willing to help you Kmej21. I am in Temecula but willing to travel up to Corona...I work in Norco.

If you're planning on trading it in (Especially at Corona Hyundai) I would definitely swap out those parts and get rid of the check engine light. If you don't have a OBDII dongle and Torque, I have those too in order to reset the CEL code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a lift or tools to remove the parts or install them. Do you have those? What day would work for you? Do you have experience removing and installing these parts? My friend did it for me last time but he moved away. The check engine light should go off once the factory downpipe is on and the ecu is reset, correct?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Have tools/jack/jackstands...

I have not removed these parts on a Veloster but I have a lot of wrenching experience. Pretty much everything that doesn't include tearing apart a trans or rebuilding a trans or engine. Everything else I've done. Pulled a FWD engine in my garage once. LOL
Got the GFs car up once or twice for work on it already too.

I've done exhaust installs and downpipe installs in other cars, just not the Veloster. Pretty confident though.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok cool! What day works best for you? Also since you have the tools and everything at your place would it be better for me to come to Temecula?

·
Registered
735 Posts
It would be best for you to come to Temecula. Saturday would work best. Also, which downpipe do you have? I know some replace the elbow and downpipe (harder to remove/install) and others replace just the downpipe.

What are your plans for the exhaust? Might we be able to work something out for my helping you swap this stuff out?

·
Registered
735 Posts
This is where my unfamiliarity with the platform kills me. Is there something about the Veloster and Magnaflow Cat back where the removal of the stock hangers is required?

·
Registered
811 Posts
He has the pierce downpipe so the elbow isn't there, which will make things way easier. Your hangers shouldn't have been removed at all. Just make sure you bring all hanger bushings that you might have taken off, which is one "double" hole. For the stock muffler.

Reactions: Mr.MattyV

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hey, that's what places like this are for, right? :)

Reactions: NEVL666

·
Registered
735 Posts
He was looking at a specific car and it got sold so no de-modding yet. Last I heard from him was Friday night.

Reactions: Mr.MattyV
1 - 13 of 13 Posts