Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope its me being slow right now but i have the + an - leads comeing in for all the speakers as showin in the picture bellow from connector C. Im using an inline converter that is takeing those + an - and makeing rca output soooo my confusion is where is the input to the speakers to receive the audio?

Im just lost hope this isnt to much of a nub question but i never delt with this.

Text Font Diagram Technical drawing Engineering

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not sure I understand your question, but here goes. The connector C wires are the amplifier outputs to the speakers. That is where your spkr to line converters would go if you want to add your own amplifiers. The audio signal driving this amp is the SPDIF +/-.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH see im takeing the OEM amp out... and the C connector was confusing me because i didnt know where the singal was coming in from the head unit know i know its SPDIF.... im going to see how this works now

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
zero sound at full volume? it may just be a very low signal... or even digital I am not sure what spdif is, are you trying to tap in for bass or for a component amp for highs? I can show you where to pick up the bass or sub signal that worked for me.
ok issue i connected the SPDIF + an - to a speaker to see if there is signal and no sound

·
Registered
63 Posts
ok issue i connected the SPDIF + an - to a speaker to see if there is signal and no sound
SPDIF is a digital audio data stream. The amp would have to have a digital to analog converter built in to do the conversion. There are likely other control signals for balance and fader as well as a cross over for the sub built in to the amp.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
that being said you need to tap the signal on the speaker side for a line convertor.
SPDIF is a digital audio data stream. The amp would have to have a digital to analog converter built in to do the conversion. There are likely other control signals for balance and fader as well as a cross over for the sub built in to the amp.

·
Registered
63 Posts
that being said you need to tap the signal on the speaker side for a line convertor.
That would probably be the best option. If you did find a replacement amp that did accept SPDIF as input you would likely loose some other control functions. Taking the existing spkr outputs and converting to line and then re-amping would give you the same controls you have now, just MO POWER!! Where would you mount additional amps?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OKKK thanks for all the info... here what i did and found out!

Connector B is + an - for my center speaker, i left this connected into the OEM Amp

Connector A i taped into one ground wire and the ACC and still had them running into the OEM amp.

Connector C I cut the wires away from it and reconected it to the OEM amp. so the wires i cut i connected to the new amp and the wires comeing off the OEM amp i ran to the Converter and adjusted some freq issues and sent signal through the RCA to the new amp and BAM this NOOB to OEM amps has doen a crappy job but it sounds great!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts