Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm coasting in gear above 3k or so I'm hearing a slight rattle. As soon as you give it gas it stops. In neutral coasting no noise. It's really killing the gurgle sounds I loved soo much and seems to have gotten worse lately. I've recently gotten tuned, but it was going on before that. Any ideas/fixes/things to check if appreciate any and all advice.

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
When I'm coasting in gear above 3k or so I'm hearing a slight rattle. As soon as you give it gas it stops. In neutral coasting no noise. It's really killing the gurgle sounds I loved soo much and seems to have gotten worse lately. I've recently gotten tuned, but it was going on before that. Any ideas/fixes/things to check if appreciate any and all advice. View attachment 106771
Where's the rattle coming from?
Front, back, middle, or where exactly?
Maybe a video of the offending sound may help us.
More info needed. 馃憤

Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
Sounds like NVH in the exhaust or possible heat shields but can honestly be anywhere. Need to locate it if possible.

Registered
I agree with TRDTOY. It could be anything, but if your car has enough miles, I'd highly suspect the heat shields. They tend to break loose and rattle/reverberate through the exhaust.

Registered
Any luck locating the rattle? Beautiful car! Is it an automatic or standard? I assumed it's a standard. The location is key to determining what is causing a vibration/rattle. Misnblu's suggestion of a video of the sound is another excellent idea. In fact, If you have someone who can ride in different locations in the car, they could record the sound and it helps to pinpoint the source of the noise. Generally wherever it's loudest is at the source. I used to work in a facility where quality engineers would attach sound recording equipment to different places inside and outside a vehicle. Then, while driving, they could monitor and determine where the worst noise, vibration, and harshness could be coming from.

Premium Member
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT w/ Tech Package
Without hearing it, all we can do is guess. I鈥檓 gonna guess CV joint.

Registered
True, I had that occur on a minivan one time. The CV joint seemed to be fine in appearance. None of the boots were torn and everything looked fine. Howeve,r I started checking and there was enough play in The Joint itself that it allowed the shaft to be slightly off center, creating a vibration only when cruising or the start of decelerating.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nuthing fixed yet. I tried to get sound clips but u just can't hear it because whooosh and blub blub blub 馃ぃ il go thru em again and see if maybe I can hear it.

Registered
2015 VT M/T
On a side note (no pun intended), which window rain guards are those? Are you happy with them? Pics of other side?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On a side note (no pun intended), which window rain guards are those? Are you happy with them? Pics of other side?
Uhm a buddy gave them to me. I chipped 1 before even putting them on 馃ぃ (going to check brand) auto safe. Got em used but tbh, would not recommend

1 - 10 of 10 Posts