Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 VT that the previous owner replaced the halogen lights with led conversion kits.

I’m not knowledgeable in this field at all and am unsure how to find the correct bulb to replace one of my low beams that died.

I believe I should be looking for a H11b LED bulb. This one seems to have copper belt on the end of it. Only type of branding I can make out from the picture is “OC”

Any help would be welcomed
7DD8C917-8481-498F-A866-97ABF65370EA.jpeg

·
Registered
398 Posts
Go with H11, The H11B will throw a shadow onto the ground and it won't give you the best lighting headlight view.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go with H11, The H11B will throw a shadow onto the ground and it won't give you the best lighting headlight view.
Will there be any indication on the casing of my old light that will tell me if it’s a H11? I think it’s a strong possibility the previous owner could have gone with H11 and had a converter that fit it to the factory fitting.

I’m going to try my hand tonight at taking out the assembly to see if I can get more information.

I’m not too familiar with all this. Will I have to buy a whole conversion kit to replace my old one, or can I just get a bulb?

·
Super Moderator
3,382 Posts
I couldn’t find anything when I looked up “veloster turbo oc led bulb”

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can even remove the h11b housing if you want so you can make it a better connection if you decide to get the wiring for h11 to h11b. I think you just can unclip it or it’s a turning mechanism, but I know 100% it’s removable. I personally did that with mine so i could get my electrical tape around it for extra security. Either that or you can always splice and dice haha I personally like the option I recommended in case you ever decide to sell, you can put oem stuff back in no problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts