Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased my ‘16 Turbo mid summer and after a week or so of purchasing. I got engine light with code P0507 (idle higher than expected) and this happens when my car is gear so R or D and it’ll rev high when foot is slowly braking or when stopped (rev to 2000-2500) as well as when foot is on NO pedal it’ll rev on it’s own. Only occurs in gear though. changed the TB twice, changed turbo inlet gasket (cracked), no ECU update. Went to hyundai and they couldn’t find the issue so the “ re taught” the car as well as resetting the adaptive valve. Engine code is always there but what could some possible issues? TCM? Complete tran swap?
Gadget Material property Font Electronic device Automotive tire

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,159 Posts
Check for leaks. Already mentioned this on FB where you originally posted this. The leak will be between the TB and the engine head or something connected in that area. This will be the cause in 99%+ of cases like this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check for leaks. Already mentioned this on FB where you originally posted this. The leak will be between the TB and the engine head or something connected in that area. This will be the cause in 99%+ of cases like this.
I just got the leak test and like every part of the car and no leak found :/

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,159 Posts
They pressurize the entire system to 20+ psi and it did not leak down? Was smoke used? It does not take much of a leak to cause this at idle. I've seen a few cars leak at the vacuum pump that may cause this and difficult to track down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts