Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey there! Glad you're enjoying your ride! Being aware of your budget for mods, consider adding a rear sway and front strut bar. It would help hugely with along with the rigid collars. Oil catch cans are a must as these engines leave blow by oil residue returning to the turbo and intake manifold. These mods are fundamental however necessary. You wont be disappointed. You will love your "Young Gun" more. LOL!
Thanks for the suggestions! I've had my eyeballs on the oil catch can for a bit and it will definitely go in sooner rather than later. There's a ton of them to pick from, have you had good experience with any and if so, do you have a link or vendor you can send me?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yaw sensors don't change the alignment on a Veloster. They are only used with stability control.

Can you take a picture of the printout from your alignment?
Hey Matty! I can take a picture of it, I'm not at home right now. It didn't really make sense to me either but this being my first Veloster and first car with Traction/Stability control, I just said okay and figure I'd let the dealership take a look at it.

I'll try to get that picture taken later today and get it posted as soon as I can. Thanks for the look, I appreciate it.

Reactions: Mr.MattyV

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yup, just got them uploaded today lol sorry for the delay. These are the settings before and after the Michelins were installed.

The VT is at the dealership today to check the YAW sensor. My service advisor told me at check in that if the YAW sensor was out, going out, or throwing intermittent signal, that I should have got a check engine light. I'm interested to see what they will find.

Pretty alignment 1 Feb 16.JPG Pretty alignment 2 Feb 16.JPG

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
No, not in Australia. In the U.S. - California to be exact.
DGDG - San Jose! Got mine from there too in Sep 2012 (it's been so long!)

Reactions: TEEREX

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
UPDATE ON THE ALIGNMENT.

Dealership says there is nothing wrong with the YAW sensor, nor would it have affected the alignment if there was (thank you Mr. Matty V, absolutely correct). The stated furthermore if the YAW sensor was out, going out, or giving intermittent signal then the car would have thrown a check-engine light --also good to know.

Problem: they stated the alignment was completed and the steering wheel adjustment was off. After driving the car and a day later testing the drive, the car is slightly pulling to the right. The slight pull to the right is constant, the wheel has to be slightly held steering the car to the driver's side, the wheel pops back just a bit when you let go and the car drifts/pulls right. UUUUGH!!

At this point, I'm think it has something to do with the electronic steering assist these cars have on them, but it's back to the dealership again to let them look at it and hopefully fix it. Will keep y'all updated.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Update on our build. Pretty has 125,000 miles on her now with no major issues. Stock block, stock trans, same cv joints, axles and boots. We’re so happy we’ve not been plagued with any of the common known issues associated with our generation and model. We’ve done regular maintenance with factory spec parts and fluids; list of current mods to follow.
HKS plugs and new coil packs going in as soon as the new coil packs get delivered to us. Current coil packs have 125k on them. Current HKS plugs have 97k on them. AEM CAI, the full CAI not the short ram. ARK front trut tower brace and full ARK DT-S exhaust. 1st gen castles downpipe from Pierce Motorsports. Rigid Collars from Turbosocks. Resonator delete. We’re on 18x8.5 +30 MB Battle wheels with 245/40 Continental Sure Contact all season tires as the car is 90% street use still. Megan Racing coilovers lowered 1” all the way around.
Parts received but not installed as of today’s post: Elantra TB, SXTH braided fuel line, NonStopTuning lightened pulleys, moshimoto dual OCC, moshimoto oil cooler, Whiteline front lower control arm bushings, turbo tech upper engine mount, SXTH lower engine mount, a pillar 3 gauge pod, pro sport boost, A:F and voltage gauges, sandwich plate, R Spec short shifter, bumper quick release, MS front grille
...and the build continues

Reactions: RPW00Mirage
21 - 32 of 32 Posts