Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm about to pull the trigger on another set of rims. It was a total shot in the dark when I picked up my first set niche Citrine M155 18x9.5 +40 225/40 nankang ns-2r for $300 but they are heavy as shit about 28/29 lbs a piece before tires, and they are a little chipped up as the price would suggest. I want to go with the Artisa Artformed Night in 18x9.5 or 18x8.5 +35 that come in around 19 lbs a piece but I'm indifferent about the sizes because I like the poke on my set up now but the drivability is a little rough due to 40psi and stretched side walls so I'm coming here for your stancy boi suggestions. Lowered on eibach pro-kit lowering springs looking to move to air in a year/year and a half. So let me know 9.5 or 8.5 and new tire sizes

·
Registered
264 Posts
Right now I’m riding on Avid’s, 17x8 35 offset 225/45/17 Pirelli’s. I had to set my camber slightly negative in the front on my KSport’s to not rub.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,086 Posts
The 9.5 will not tuck on air or springs and will rub but the 8.5 will tuck and not rub with a little camber. Keep that in mind if you're going air later. Both will rub when going much lower than springs will go. The 9.5 will rub regardless of camber. 225/40 will be the max tire size you'd want to run.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 9.5 will not tuck on air or springs and will rub but the 8.5 will tuck and not rub with a little camber. Keep that in mind if you're going air later. Both will rub when going much lower than springs will go. The 9.5 will rub regardless of camber. 225/40 will be the max tire size you'd want to run.
Alright I can deal with 8.5 and a flush it and a tiny bit of camber, and thats at +35 right? When on air does it receive any natural camber for airing out like some cars do? Also what is the wheel weight of your drag set up.

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
The 8.5 +35 will have slight poke. On air when lowering yes will have more -° camber the lower you go. The camber is not enough to clear the tires on those wheels once you get to the -2" to -2.5" area so a little more -° camber is needed to really tuck a lot or slam it. Fender liners will need to go as well to not hit those.

My drag tire/wheel weights are around 40 lbs front and 20 lbs rear.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 8.5 +35 will have slight poke. On air when lowering yes will have more -° camber the lower you go. The camber is not enough to clear the tires on those wheels once you get to the -2" to -2.5" area so a little more -° camber is needed to really tuck a lot or slam it. Fender liners will need to go as well to not hit those.

My drag tire/wheel weights are around 40 lbs front and 20 lbs rear.
Fender liner already pulled. Would like to make a new one out of some sheet metal cover a little as it flings dirt into the engine bay, and this would be mainly the fronts that need the camber help the rears can be less aggressive camber?

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
Both will need some camber to clear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts