Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I am new here. I have always wanted to buy a Veloster and I am now closer to achieve it. I am looking at a VT 2013 turbo auto with 85000 KM (52800 miles). I have checked the maintenance history of the vehicle and everything has been done at a Hyundai service centre.

I am a bit sceptical as I do not want to invest all that I have into that car and then realising it won’t be reliable. Can you please advice me on whether the car I’m looking into could be a good deal? Should I go for it?? It is the one with the lowest mileage I have found

Thanks

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,551 Posts
I'd look for a 15 or newer. Also stay away from the 16-17 DCT. Otherwise with low mileage for the model year and good maintenance you'll be better off. Here in the USA I can find them reasonably priced. Not sure about across the pond where you're from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate

Well the VT I’m chasing sits at 14500 AUD (approx 10400 USD). I’ve driven it and runs nice and smooth. I haven’t found any 2015 model at a decent price so all I’ve got on the table is this 2013 turbo.

·
Administrator
5,551 Posts
I'd wait on something better especially if investing much of you $ into it. Once you buy it you have to spend some $ on it just to get it to be as safe as a 15+ anyway.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Correct me if im wrong but i just got a 2013 vt with 77k km on it and with about 600$ i can make it reliable

·
Administrator
5,551 Posts
Better plugs, aftermarket fuel line, new oem coils, safer tune

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd wait on something better especially if investing much of you $ into it. Once you buy it you have to spend some $ on it just to get it to be as safe as a 15+ anyway.
Hi mate

I found a VT 2015 turbo SR manual with 60K on the clock. It is a bit more expensive than the 2013 VT but I think this should be a better buy. Would you agree??

·
Administrator
5,551 Posts
Yes a 15 will be better and 60k is not bad for that year model. OEM tune is better, plugs are slightly better, but they still have the fuel line issue at times but less often than the 14 and older VT. Plugs will need change anyway by now so you can upgrade. Fuel line usually not an issue until you add power but those are readily available or can be made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts