Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All,
Just got this email after being in touch with Diode Dynamics(sry for the previous typo folks):

Hello,

The group buy is now active! It works like Groupon. You can check it out here. We went over our pricing, and we were able to offer a very good price on them, 20% off! But we will need to sell 20 kits. Each person can get two, or just one if they would like. Veloster Turbo HID Kit

I am going to post it at veloster.org as well. It will run until September 7th. When we sell 20, the
coupon will be activated and you can place the order for your kit. It may be before September 7th, if we can get 20 kits before then. If we do not get 20, we will have to cancel the deal, and your order will be refunded.

Enjoy everyone, hope this helps.
VeeTee

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey this is perfect, I actually PMed DD just the other day to see if they would be doing something like this. Im 100% in hopefully we can get 19 more haha

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello,

The group buy is now active! It works like Groupon. You can check it out here. We went over our pricing, and we were able to offer a very good price on them, 20% off! But we will need to sell 20 kits. Each person can get two, or just one if they would like. Veloster Turbo HID Kit

I am going to post it at veloster.org as well. It will run until September 7th. When we sell 20, the
coupon will be activated and you can place the order for your kit. It may be before September 7th, if we can get 20 kits before then. If we do not get 20, we will have to cancel the deal, and your order will be refunded.

Enjoy everyone, hope this helps.
VeeTee
And am proud to say I am the first one !

Secondly, u need to email them for the light output (6000K, 8000K etc..) with your order # number...otherwise, what will they send ???

·
Registered
353 Posts
Aaaaaaand...that makes 3 now.

17 to go boys and girls!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Everyone ensure you get the RELAY HARNESS as well! It says optional on their website but my turn signals did NOT work correctly until after it was installed!

Lucky on the Group Buy btw! I missed out on it!

·
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good lookin' out BorkenEars & 1.6 T-GDI!
I just purchased mine :).

·
Registered
353 Posts
Secondly, u need to email them for the light output (6000K, 8000K etc..) with your order # number...otherwise, what will they send ???
For clarification (as I just emailed them):
The group buy is for a coupon code. If they reach the 20 unit target, they will give us the code, that we can enter on checkout.
For now, it doesn't matter what color temp you're looking for. At least not until they get 16 more sales! *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does this kit come with proper H11b light bulb or H11 that requires further modification?

How much does shipping to Canada cost?

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
As far as I know, DDM only carries the H11 bulb and do NOT have the H11b.

I got my HIDs from DDM and I got the H11.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
ahh, just looked at the link.. yeah, looks like it is through Diode.. OP please confirm and I will edit your post..

This would make the Diode Dynamics kits a little easier to stomach since they would be closer in price to DDM.

·
Registered
353 Posts
It's Diode Dynamics. I placed my order this morning. I believe it was just a typo on the OP

·
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry guys, my bad, I DID get confused. It is Diode Dynamics, just like the link specified.
Works just like a Groupon apparently, so once they get their 20 people on board buying the coupon, we THEN get to place an order for the color and bulb you want/need.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Count me in as number 6.

Not sure if it is worth waiting for a group buy that might not happen or if I should just order the kit now and have them shipped to me asap.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts