Veloster Turbo Forum banner

HID'S Available on Veloster Turbo?

28K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  999RXerox 
#1 ·
I love the LED lighting on the Veloster Turbo but it just needs that HID look to replace those projectors. They are nice but I don't like the tint of yellow in it...even though its hard to tell sometimes...

Is there a type of bulb that I could just buy and replace the stock bulb? Or do I have to get the full HID set?

Any other tips or custom ideas on the Veloster Turbo please let me know!

Thanks! #teamhyundai!

#3 ·
Osram Night Breakers Plus are H11 not H11B. I found out the hard way. Now I have a pair of bulbs that I can't do anything with, LOL! I made the mistake of opening them before I check the ones on the car. Can't return them now. I spoke to OSRAM and they have no plans on making the Night Breakers in H11B.

#7 ·
Ok, so the bulbs for the VT headlights are.......??? The fog lights are.....?????? What brand?????? And I can get them where?????? Would any auto zone, pep boys or any of those automotive places have them???? Are fogs difficult to change???? I'm like a 4 year old with all my questions!!!!!

#8 ·
The headlights are H11B, the fogs are H8 on the VT. You can use an H11 HID Kit for the low beams if you are going to be putting HIDs on it. To change the fogs and the headlights you'll most likely want to remove the front bumper, it will make your life a lot easier, and takes maybe 10-15 minutes to do. You can probably find replacement bulbs at auto zone and pep boys, but the color on them will all vary. You can get HID Xenon Kits for ~60-80$ from a lot of different websites.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive lighting
Vehicle Headlamp Car Automotive lighting Light
Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Vehicle Auto part
Land vehicle Headlamp Automotive lighting Vehicle Light

Reactions: vtlover67
#10 ·
I was thinking a lot about going 8k/8k again, had that on my Gen Coupe but I just like the look of the yellow fogs a little bit more, either way its a lot better than the stock halogens :)

#11 ·
CRH, I have 6k H11 lowbeam and 3k H8 fog HID kits ready to put on, would you happen to have a write-up on how to install them as I am a little leary because I haven't messed with lighting before and where to put the connections and relays.

#12 ·
I didn't have my camera with me when I did the install so I wasn't able to take any pictures, however there is a video of an HID install on a NA V

The install is pretty much the same, except they had to modify an adapter for H7s and with the H11s you won't need to do that part.

Reactions: Gibwhiskey
#13 ·
Awesome, thank you so much. From your order from DD, did they send you anything to deal with the connection differences between H11B and H11's? My kit doesnt, I am wondering if I need to buy something to connect the H11's into the H11b socket in the headlight housing.

#15 ·
Well, I did pull my bulbs over the weekend and the connectors are H11b, meaning the connectors are not in the back, but on the sides that twist to connect. Same bulb, different connection.

#16 ·
On the HIDs though, the bulb twists to lock but the connections are 2 separate wires that you will plug in to where an h11b bulb connects

#18 ·
KK, still a little confusing figuring out what you need and what you don't. Thanks for responding.

#23 · (Edited)
Hi, would you happen to know what the bulb sizes would be for the Veloster r spec 2016??������
That should be in your owner's manual under Specifications, Bulb Wattage. For example:

Also there is no need to ask the same question in different threads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.