Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone installed hid's yet? if so i wanted to know if the vt is going to require a relay for them to work properly without flickering or not coming on. also is this going to require removing the front bumper to install them?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I don't think the front bumper removal is required, but it helps give more room to work, especially if your hands aren't small. I got a relay for mine when I get it, just for peace of mind.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
i got a relay since it was said to be needed and/or recommended in the NA V.

I will be taking off the bumper to make it easier and the fact I NEED to for the fog lights.

·
Registered
340 Posts
When you install the HIDs, can you take photos and and do a written procedure for the rest of us? Also, where are you finding the HIDs ? Is it a kit ?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well I got the H7 size bulbs hoping they would fit the VT, but apparently the VTs low beams are H11B and fogs are H8, can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
forgot to ask since i dont have a vt yet that i can look at. are the high and low beams one bulb? if so who is going to be doing a bi xenon light kit?

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
high and lows are separate from eachother.. I see no point in upgrading the hi-beams as the low beam with HID + HID fogs will be more than I will EVER need.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
H7 + adapters will NOT work in the Vturbo. I found out yesterday the hard way..

H8 = 880/881 so those will work if you got the 881 for the fogs.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if anyone has some pics of hid's installed post up the pics. im ready to see how good they look in the vt

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well I got the H7 size bulbs hoping they would fit the VT, but apparently the VTs low beams are H11B and fogs are H8, can anyone confirm?
Confirmed...H7 with adapters will NOT work for low beams as Turbosocks and I found out...H7 will only work for high beams.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
at least I wasn't alone :p

My H11s will be here this week sometime. I will have to snip off the connector and add the 'crimp on tabs' and then it will work for the H11bs. very easy. I just bought new bulbs instead of replacing the whole kit. DDM doesn't carry the H11b style and the H11 will fit in the H11b socket.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Does the vt have that dumb bent paper clip thing for the headlights? My '01 elantra has them and they are frustrating to put in even if you remove headlamp assembly

·
Registered
618 Posts
I lost both of mine, now I have cardboard holding in my bulbs

·
Registered
340 Posts
Does anyone know if any vendor is making H.I.D. (AKA XENON) headlight replacements for the crappy halogen projector headlights that come on both the V & VT. I'd like to get some bright headlights as well as L.E.D.s as soon as my VT comes in... Can I get an answer here? :question:

has anyone installed hid's yet? if so i wanted to know if the vt is going to require a relay for them to work properly without flickering or not coming on. also is this going to require removing the front bumper to install them?

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
The v turbo uses h11b so they twist in. No clip like the h7..
To upgrade to hids you just need a universal kit..
H11b is preferred but h11 will work with the cheap crimp connectors, which is what I'm doing.. should have them installed soon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is your kit 35w or 55w? I have a 35w kit with H11s I took off the Fit before trading it.

The v turbo uses h11b so they twist in. No clip like the h7..
To upgrade to hids you just need a universal kit..
H11b is preferred but h11 will work with the cheap crimp connectors, which is what I'm doing.. should have them installed soon.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts