Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the actual HKS insert and will be trying to customize something to install it on the stock open BPV and see if I can get the sound from it. I'm pretty good at building things so I'm sure it will be a challenge but if it works then I saved over 300 bucks! It was 25 bucks for it and if it work I'll post DIY pics!!

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
interesting.. the port size on the BPV should actually work for it well.. IF you keep some of the stock hose, this should actually be quite easy if the insert fits inside the hose.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thats what im thinking, if the insert happens to be a tiny bit too big i'll just cut and inch off the stock hose, stretch it over the insert and put the other end of it on the BPV, i can't believe i didn't think about this earlier!! if this works guys we can have the hks sound for 30 bucks lol

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
will be much easier than trying to adapt it onto the end of the actual BPV..

Basically will be BPV, 2" of hose, with the insert in that hose and then clamped down (so it doesn't shoot right out, lol)

trying to adapt it to fit over the outlet or inside somehow just seems like the hard way around it..with the insert in a small piece of hose it should literally be a 20 minute job.. You can also get the knock off inserts for cheaper.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right, i don't see it being an easy install without the rubber hose lol. And yes, good point on the clamp, without it i would probably get a couple whistles out of it and a thunk afterwards when its done bouncing around the engine bay lol. It should be at my house by friday i hope, been checking the mailbox every day. The only thing that sucks is i gotta take the bumper off which i have been trying to avoid but along with the insert are the 8000k low beam hid kit and the 3000k fogs so i guess i can knock it all out of the way in one day lol

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
bumper removal is SO SO SO SO SO easy.

·
Registered
407 Posts
If your attaching it to the hose, you should not have to remove the bumper. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I removed the hose completely so it would be louder and now its virtually impossible for me to put it back on without taking the bumper off, and I'm also installing the HID's at the same time so it makes it easier

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its here!!!! a little bigger than i thought so i gotta find some kind of adapter, i'll keep you guys posted!!

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
shoulda got the purple insert :p

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
no, it just sounds better.. for some reason I thought they were a little smaller than that.. It's been a while since I had an HKS or even HKS style though

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
damn, well good to know now lol, if it works i can always try out another one, i'm just anxious to see how this goes first

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
should go pretty well.. That looks like it is about 1.5" in diameter or so?

The stock bypass hose is ~1" I think. You might be able to get a hose to put the fitting in, and then use the stock hose as a 'spacer' over the neck of the BPV. slide the bigger hose over it and clamp the neck tightly and the insert tightly..

Since the insert is quite free flowing, you shouldn't have to worry much about it popping off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts