Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did our cad drawings for the two aluminum pieces and we figure at this point it will be around $45-50 per piece. So at end of production looking at $140-120 free shipping if anyone is interested…
of course I have pics as soon as we make our first ones

I need to know how many people would be interested in this also we can Black Oxidiz it, or powder coat it ( i have more on the type of colors when i see the color interest).

·
Registered
407 Posts
Being able to see it or even a drawing would definitely help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Any concerns about water getting into places it shouldnt since this is where water typically pools on mine at least?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as the water over the engine we testes that and even with a wate hose no water made it to the spark pluge area with the cover on. Also we know this was gona be a big issue for most so we are thinging of a cover the bolts on to the bracket allready there so it flows water away from battery and engine area. but its all in the works.

I will work on makeing a drawing of it or frind a close example here soon

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Replacement Vents

I'm interested in the hood vents, but would like to see a drawing of the design. I have Autocad available and am a mechanical designer. I would like to see how you are diverting rain and car wash water from the engine compartment.
I would be interested in obtaining in a paintable or primed surface.

ttwotees :cool2:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hood Vents ? Where ?

Just an FYI...
We're already doing hood vents for the Veloster and the price will be below $100.

I looked at your importshark.com website but didn't see any replacement hood vents. Where can we see them and I'd like to know how water is diverted from the engine compartment.

ttwotees :cool2:

·
Registered
718 Posts
I took this pic of my hood this morning when I came out to my car this morning after a night of heavy rain. I love the idea of making the hood vents functional since non functional vents just piss me off. However seeing this tells me that this design needs to be done VERY carefully to prevent the engine bay being loaded with water that it shouldn't be.

Red Automotive exterior Pink Vehicle Car

·
Registered
407 Posts
lol. Where do you guys think the water goes when you splash through a puddle on the road??

No one ever wonder how engine bays get dirty?

Paranoia is high in this thread.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts