Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Horn upgrade with video!

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  joe_cleland 
#1 ·
So I upgraded my horn this evening and I am stunned by how loud this thing is. I got the Stebel Nautilus Compact Twin Air Horn. Check out the video for sound comparisons. What do you think? Hope you enjoy!

#5 ·
The installation instructions are very simple, I ordered the wiring harness so that it would be even simpler. However I ended up being shipped the harness for a motorcycle so I actually increased the length on the power wire that runs to the battery but other than that it's very straight forward.

The kit came with a relay and it was already plugged up properly in the packaging. Two wires to the horn, two wires spliced into the old horn wires, and then one ground and one positive. That's all there is to it. The most difficult part, if you could even call it difficult, was mounting the horn. I ended up bending the stock bracket and re-using it.

It's so simple that I didn't even bother to take pics of it. You can see the new horn in the video though. That compressor inside there makes some torque lol!

Reactions: orbeavhawk
#9 ·
No no. For HP gains you need to point the horn outlet towards the rear of the car like a rocket booster.:crazy:

Reactions: IndyVT
#11 ·
Just placed my order today. Remembered seeing this posted originally and thought it was a good little mod. This morning on my way to work, being cut off causing me to slam on the brakes and lay on the horn, I decided it was the last straw. I a) felt super gay by the sound the factory horn makes, & b) the chick acted like she didn't even hear it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.