Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I noticed we've been quiet on here lately...Let's talk, let's re-introduce ourselves, let's show off our V's :)cool: ) VT's that is. Seriously we should talk daily, maaaaaaybe get some small meets going, etc.
I have only met a few of you in person and some on the highway (phantomknight)...So let's get to know each other, share our frustrations, thrills, mods, advice, whatever. Let's keep it clean so we don't get shut down and no drama!
Let's just have fun. Pic for attention:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool with me! Almost broke my neck trying to look at your photo. It posted sideways lol what front mount is that hiding behind the grille?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Cool with me! Almost broke my neck trying to look at your photo. It posted sideways lol what front mount is that hiding behind the grille?
I can't figure out why it posts like that - if you click the expand link it's the right way 'round. Frickin' head scratcher, that one.

845 FMIC.

So far:

Turbosocks front strut bar, Pierce torsion bar, Tuix/MOBIS struts/shocks, Eibach Pro springs, Turbosocks rigid collars, Cosmo STS, billet shift linkage bushings, 60mm TB (not installed yet), Tork stage 1 bench tune (dynoed at 226 WHP 267 ft lbs torque @ 2700 rpms), 845 FMIC, Synapse DV, CNT racing high flo catted DP & catback, FIAMM El Grande horns, HKS M45XL plugs.

Hoping to get to a Tork tuning event at some point so they can do a full on dyno tune. I'll probably replace the fuel line first though.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! You may be better off going to Eurocharged here in Houston. They do dyno tuning. Clearly Tork Tune days for this area aren't going to happen because we cannot get it together.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Very nice! You may be better off going to Eurocharged here in Houston. They do dyno tuning. Clearly Tork Tune days for this area aren't going to happen because we cannot get it together.
I'm not sold on them yet. Last I heard they didn't have the ability to tune with the 2015 maps that guard against LSPI.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm not sold on them yet. Last I heard they didn't have the ability to tune with the 2015 maps that guard against LSPI.
Voodoo, how do u like the mobis shocks and struts? My Koni are blown due to shop removing my bump stops.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Voodoo, how do u like the mobis shocks and struts? My Koni are blown due to shop removing my bump stops.
Best suspension I've ever had on a car. Rides very close to stock with Eibach pros, and I've been out to the Texas Twisted Sisters 3 times with this setup and ate those twisties up like nobody's business. Was keeping up with some seriously built Gen Coupes and an Ecoboost Mustang. Everyone was standing around my car looking by the end of each ride asking "WTF did you do to this thing???"

·
Registered
324 Posts
Gonna send my ecu back to tork. If that don't fix my problems, Going back to stock.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mightymouse...Ill ask today about the fuel line. Sorry I've been dropping the ball on this one lol

·
Registered
324 Posts
mightymouse...Ill ask today about the fuel line. Sorry I've been dropping the ball on this one lol
all good lol...don't worry about it, i got it on their now and car runs good!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh ok lol he got back to me and said they got in trouble for working on peoples cars anyways lol

Does it feel better than it ever did? This was upgraded fuel line right?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Oh ok lol he got back to me and said they got in trouble for working on peoples cars anyways lol

Does it feel better than it ever did? This was upgraded fuel line right?
runs much better now!! a little noisy if you got the radio off, but worth it imo. so i guess no more installing aftermarket stuff?? fortunately, knock on wood, i'm done with
performance and about to work on this suspension.

·
Registered
324 Posts
What problem(s) are you having?
crappy plugs by brisk racing smh. problem fixed. i was having spark blow out, but was in denial due to had gapped the plugs down back in may. gap was damn near .040!! electrode was going down like dynamite wick smh. have 1422's going in friday. right now on stock plugs at .028

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
crappy plugs by brisk racing smh. problem fixed. i was having spark blow out, but was in denial due to had gapped the plugs down back in may. gap was damn near .040!! electrode was going down like dynamite wick smh. have 1422's going in friday. right now on stock plugs at .028
Ah, I'm running the HKS M40XLs and thinking about moving to the M45XLs.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had issues with brisk plugs too...after going thru 2 sets I went back to the 1422s

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Just be warned: when I experienced an LSPI event last March and basically destroyed my motor I found one of the HKS M40XLs to have the ceramic cracked and a small piece missing. I'm pretty certain it was caused by the LSPI event and not the other way 'round, but just FYI.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea I seriously haven't had a single issue since going back to the 1422s...the brisk plugs cracked with the quickness.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts