Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Veloster is closing in on 4,000 miles. I've gotten past the burning smell after shutting off the car and walking past it, but I still get some of the burning smell that rushes into the cabin after wide open throttle pulls. I only go wide open throttle once, maybe twice a month, so I guess there's still some engine finish and whatnot left to burn off.

Just to be safe, I checked the engine coolant, brake/clutch fluid, and engine oil. All those are fine, and I don't see anything dripping where the car is parked, so it shouldn't be a leak of any kind. I'm just curious at what point should I worry about "the burn."

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's normal, lessens over time. Still get the occasional but it's not super common anymore like when i changed out my dp or when it was new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys, can I drive my car if it smells like burning? My wife tries to convince me that it's dangerous, but I think it's nonsense...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your wife is right. Sometimes, a burning rubber smell could be coming from an oil or fluid leak, or even a damaged or worn-out drive belt. Therefore, I advise you to stop by the nearest car repair shop to find out what the problem is. In general, I noticed that people very unconsciously choose a new car. Often people rely on the wrong characteristics when choosing a car. I believe that first of all the car should be safe. Therefore, after I consider the average car costs of those cars that I am interested in, I always focus on the safety of the car. What is the first thing you pay attention to when buying a car?

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
527 Posts
Your wife is right. Sometimes, a burning rubber smell could be coming from an oil or fluid leak, or even a damaged or worn-out drive belt. Therefore, I advise you to stop by the nearest car repair shop to find out what the problem is.
Agreed. 👍
If something is giving off a burning smell then there should be smoke somewhere.
Best way to see smoke is at night with a flashlight in a not so well lit area and look for signs of smoke.

Don't take it for granted and just keep driving.
Good luck. 👍🤞

1 - 5 of 5 Posts