Veloster Turbo Forum banner
161 - 180 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh I know what OTD really means, I was asking everyone else in this thread, especially those who claim to have purchased a VT for $4k under MSRP. There's no way anybody truly did that.

I paid $23k OTD for a Base M/T (MSRP - Motozuma/Military discounts, + Tax, title, doc).
Yeah, I think there's a lot of 'otd' prices given here that aren't really otd... Not to mention that is really not the best comparison basis anyway since tax varies from state to state. My "otd" price here in Pennsylvania with 6pct tax would always be "better" than someone from a state with higher sales tax... To me the price without tax and title is really the proper apples to apples comparison.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, I think there's a lot of 'otd' prices given here that aren't really otd... Not to mention that is really not the best comparison basis anyway since tax varies from state to state. My "otd" price here in Pennsylvania with 6pct tax would always be "better" than someone from a state with higher sales tax... To me the price without tax and title is really the proper apples to apples comparison.
On that note, I paid 22,199 for 2014 VT with ultimate before tax & title, but including extended warranty.

·
Registered
71 Posts
On that note, I paid 22,199 for 2014 VT with ultimate before tax & title, but including extended warranty.
thats a sweet deal...just got a 2013 vitamin c turbo with ultimate and style for 21,999 with 100 miles. It was listed as a company car...hopefully that's not bad.i couldve had it for 22,500 certified, but didn't think it was necessary. dealer wouldn't come down on price or throw anything in...they must've smelled that i wanted it badly...that, and it was the only used veloster within 300+ miles. Otherwise, 2014 was going to be at most 24,300! ouch

·
Registered
374 Posts
I got my used 2013 ultrablack base m/t vt with underfoot leds pre-installed. 7k miles for 18500 with 10 year 100k mile bumper to bumper included. Before taxes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
2015 White Auto with 8 miles on it for 22,480 before Tax and Title stuff. The best thing about my purchase was that my Hyundai dealer has something called "warranty forever" which covers everything mechanical. That plus a 5 year 60k miles for the non-mechanical. My warranty for my trade-in 2012 Camry SE ended at 36k miles. I have a lot of peace of mind right now and LOVE my Veloster. Can't help but do double takes on it when walking away. <3

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
2015 White Auto with 8 miles on it for 22,480 before Tax and Title stuff. The best thing about my purchase was that my Hyundai dealer has something called "warranty forever" which covers everything mechanical. That plus a 5 year 60k miles for the non-mechanical. My warranty for my trade-in 2012 Camry SE ended at 36k miles. I have a lot of peace of mind right now and LOVE my Veloster. Can't help but do double takes on it when walking away. <3
Welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
NYC here. Put a deposit on a 2015 black on black turbo m/t non-tech for 21,019 w carpet mats , cargo net and wheel locks, after t/t/l 23k OTD. 1.9% apr financing for 60 months. Used truecar. Gave me better pricing than circle. First dealer I went to said 21495 was lowest he could go... Msrp is 23695, I'm pretty happy with my numbers. You guys agree?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
NYC here. Put a deposit on a 2015 black on black turbo m/t non-tech for 21,019 w carpet mats , cargo net and wheel locks, after t/t/l 23k OTD. 1.9% apr financing for 60 months. Used truecar. Gave me better pricing than circle. First dealer I went to said 21495 was lowest he could go... Msrp is 23695, I'm pretty happy with my numbers. You guys agree?
Sounds like a good price for the area. TTL blows here haha. Wish I could of got a rate that low though lol. Did you use any/all rebates you apply for? What part of NYC you from?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Think I am the only one that got lucky with the purchase of mine. Boston Red VT auto with tech package. Sticker was 24,900 and I talked them down to 19,900. On top I had a 2010 Sonata 4cyl that I traded in and after negotiations on that price, got 10,600 for her. 9300 was a good, fair price.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really didn't qualify for any rebates, except i think the $500 Hyundai rebate. I didn't qualify for military/college grad/returning customer. I'm in queens. I got 1.9% from my credit union. Salesman said truecar fine print states I have to use Hyundai financing to get the price i got. I said well if its higher than 1.9% then I'll walk, then he agreed to honor the price even if I went thru my credit union. Pretty sure that's a load of crap bc I don't see that on any truecar fineprint. Other than that I really didn't negotiate too much. I felt like the price was pretty much as good or close to good as i could get, haggling, walking out, for another couple hundred bucks wasn't worth the aggravation. And I did get him to throw in wheel locks.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well I will just say that just my 2014 sprint gray R Spec new cost me $20,350.00. I traded in my 2012 SS LS3 convertable camaro for it. So I got beat up on that. But hey ots only money and you cant take ot with you when its time to go.lol. my favorite saying is. He who dies with the most toys doesent win. Its they who gets to inherent them that didnt have to work for it does.

·
Registered
461 Posts
How do you like the transition from the camaro? I'm coming from a challenger 5.7 liter hemi myself. I'm selling privately tho. Gonna take the cash prob pay back a nice chunk of the loan and invest the rest.
Dont miss my V8. I live in the mountians and maybe a powerful V8 has a advantage going up but pretty useless coming down a twisty mtn road. Besides im passing gas pumps more often now. The other day I was driveing home in my work van doing 70mph in a 70mph speed zone and a guy next to me in a maserati was doing the same. I was just smileing. $100,000+ dollars and hes doing the speed limit.lololol. like said before. Had Vettes for 20 years. Im done with V8's.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Im looking at Automatic Fully loaded, Black VT for 23198.04 OTD after taxes and dealer fee. Is this a good deal? Only thing is that it has no sunroof.
if it has no sunroof, it's not fully loaded. The sunroof is part of the package that comes with:

Rear parking assistance system
Navigation system
Automatic headlights
Automatic temperature control
115-volt outlet

161 - 180 of 203 Posts