Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey VTORG members! What are the chances of possibly organizing an annual meet in the USA? Was thinking of a centralized location eg. Kansas? What are everyones thoughts?:wink:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I like the idea of a huge "central" national meet, just don't think Kansas is a good choice at all....

·
Registered
935 Posts
If I have to drive more than an hour I'm out lol

I go to one car show a year and that's about all the fist pumping jackassness I can stand

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the idea of a huge "central" national meet, just don't think Kansas is a good choice at all....
Where do think then?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I got 7 states in my midwest tune meet.. if you build it they will come.. I will however note that costal areas seem to have the largest population of V/VT so a central US location may not work all that well.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Having traveled from California to Pennsylvania for Carlisle, I was pretty impressed with seeing what east coast guys were willing to put together. However, that's the northeast and there's such a dense population of owners within only a few hundred miles from any centralized location that it's easy to pull this off. I feel that a national meet just isn't going to happen without HUGE Support. Even car shows can't get that until they've been around for 10+ years and have a huge showing/reputation as Carlisle does for example.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Having traveled from California to Pennsylvania for Carlisle, I was pretty impressed with seeing what east coast guys were willing to put together. However, that's the northeast and there's such a dense population of owners within only a few hundred miles from any centralized location that it's easy to pull this off. I feel that a national meet just isn't going to happen without HUGE Support. Even car shows can't get that until they've been around for 10+ years and have a huge showing/reputation as Carlisle does for example.

The said 1 car show I go to every year. :cool:

Reactions: TheGeekFreek

·
Registered
146 Posts
Colorado!

Reactions: emtlisa

·
Registered
373 Posts
Two spots come to mind...One is Raceland Dragway in NJ were Waterfest is held annually. (For those of you that never participated in the building of VW's and Audi's, Waterfest is an annual show that attracts over 20,000 spectators each year...waterfest is the meeting of Water-Cooled VW's) They also hold Honda Day there...Another location for a big annual meet could be Southern California...like Oceanside or something.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Two spots come to mind...One is Raceland Dragway in NJ were Waterfest is held annually. (For those of you that never participated in the building of VW's and Audi's, Waterfest is an annual show that attracts over 20,000 spectators each year...waterfest is the meeting of Water-Cooled VW's) They also hold Honda Day there...Another location for a big annual meet could be Southern California...like Oceanside or something.
LOL there is an Island Dragway in NJ as Well as a Raceway Park AKA Englishtown. Just clarifying for ya

·
Registered
373 Posts
Raceway Park is what I meant lol...haven't been there since '08

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think to make it work you would need to open up the cars in the meet. maybe to include all Kia and Hyundai.
Yea definitely all KDM...Maybe call it Seoulfest or something

Reactions: ECKO

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'd go for sure if it was in Portland, Oregon - or better yet Beaverton, Oregon [I live there]! HeeHee!

Reactions: MyDianaZ06

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Last year I really wanted to go to the Michigan meet but it was just WAY to far. I am in Texas so it was clear across the states. But had it been more centralized I would had definitely made a better effort. It would be cool to have what Michigan has more centralized.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts