Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed my local hyundai dealer to see what the would be charged for the VT and they repied back with.

"The Veloster Turbo will have a starting MSRP of $22,725, and due to arrive in Sept"

it seems although this dealer is not selling them for the original MSRP.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
They should be here earlier than Sept.

We're about 6-8 weeks out. Some Canadian customers already have VINs, they just haven't been loaded on the boats yet. They're still in Korea.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Everyone,

My local sales rep (Canada) emailed today and said, "We are scheduled to get one in the next few weeks." I realize that "few weeks" is not very precise, but it does sound promising.

Cheers.

·
2,385 Posts
My dealer didn't responde with a time frame either, nor colors, but did mention that I should put down a depo to "gurantee" that I have first choice when they do come in, lol.

QUOTE:
""It is getting closer! They are still not sure when but are assuming in the next month or so. Which would mean we would need a deposit soon. In the event we get them and there is no deposit it will eliminate your chance of a choice in the matter if someone scoops in before you. I am attaching the models and pricing, tell me as close as possible as to what you are looking for. Let me know if there is a time good for you to meet to go over paperwork:)
Turbo Manual Transmission (Model Code: F0353F45/F0373F45)
The Veloster Turbo M/T has an MSRP of $21,950, excluding $775 freight, and includes all of the Veloster M/T equipment plus the following standard features:
· 1.6L Turbo, direct-injected 4-cylinder engine
· Unique 18-inch alloy wheels with chrome inserts
· Projection headlights with unique LED headlight accents
· Rear LED taillights
· Sport-tuned steering & sound character
· Unique front fascia/grille
· Front fog lights
· Side mirrors with integrated turn signals
· Ground effects bodykit
· Black high- gloss interior accents
· Alloy pedals
· Dimension premium audio with 8 speakers including external amp & subwoofer
· Proximity entry with push button start
· Power lumbar support
· Electroluminescent gauge cluster
· Leather seating surfaces with driver’s lumbar support
· Heated front seats
· Leather-wrapped steering wheel & shift knob
· Driver auto up window

Turbo Automatic Transmission (Model Code: F0352F45/F0372F45)
The Veloster Turbo A/T has an MSRP of $22,950, excluding $775 freight, and includes all of the Turbo M/T equipment plus the following features:
· 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC®
· Active ECO System

Turbo Ultimate Package (P5) - $2,500 Option Package MSRP
· Panoramic sunroof
· Backup warning sensors
· Automatic headlights
· Navigation system with rearview camera
· 115V outlet""

·
2,385 Posts
She didn't specify, nor do I know if it's standard practices or not. Previously she mentioned that even a (refundable) $500 deposit would work and be ok, just to give me first dibs.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
They technically don't need anything for a deposit its just a way to be greedy because that is all pocket cash to the dealership once you would sign. If you feel comfortable giving them money for nothing right now I wouldn't give anything more than $100 and thats pushin it...

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
What will the interest rate be in Canada for a loan through Hyundai? I see that Hyundai Canada is currently offering 0% financing for up to 60 months for the Genesis Coupe.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
check on the website and put in the Veloster, should be the same type of offer..

also, relating to when they said they should be in around here..

Should be getting cars to port sometime this week or next and be available on dealer lots the first week of July is what I heard from two dealers here in ABQ..

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went into my dealership today to sign my financing papers.
my agent showed me the 3 pages that he recieved with the veloster info

nothing we all havent seen yet,

but what I wanted to mention was the interior trim.
Some pictures show blue interior accents, such as the Turbo logo in the seat and the handles on the door.
that is listed an optional package

personally I dont want the blue, just thought id share that info incase anyone else was wondering

·
Registered
1 Posts
Called my local dealer today to inquire when they're VT's would come in. They didn't know exactly since no VINs came in, but they directed me to their website to sign up for a newsletter and to check out the original Veloster. Came across this pricing...

New 2012 - 2013 Hyundai Cars in Waipahu, Hawaii | Accent, Tucson, Azera, Sonata, Elantra, Genesis, Veracruz, Veloster at Tony Hyundai

Is that normal?! Over $28K (w/ taxes) for a standard Veloster?!?!? I can only imagine the VT will be low 30's with that kind of pricing?! Personally, I think they're driving up the Veloster's price so that they can ask for more for the Turbo model. Seems shaddy to me! What do you guys think?

·
Registered
130 Posts
They should be here earlier than Sept.

We're about 6-8 weeks out. Some Canadian customers already have VINs, they just haven't been loaded on the boats yet. They're still in Korea.
That is 100% correct...I too have a VIN, and it is 3 to 4 weeks away. (confirmed by Hyundai Corporate Office)...so End of July or Early August is what I am looking at...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Called my local dealer today to inquire when they're VT's would come in. They didn't know exactly since no VINs came in, but they directed me to their website to sign up for a newsletter and to check out the original Veloster. Came across this pricing...

New 2012 - 2013 Hyundai Cars in Waipahu, Hawaii | Accent, Tucson, Azera, Sonata, Elantra, Genesis, Veracruz, Veloster at Tony Hyundai

Is that normal?! Over $28K (w/ taxes) for a standard Veloster?!?!? I can only imagine the VT will be low 30's with that kind of pricing?! Personally, I think they're driving up the Veloster's price so that they can ask for more for the Turbo model. Seems shaddy to me! What do you guys think?
weird, fully loaded NAV's come out to like 22k

·
Registered
130 Posts
What will the interest rate be in Canada for a loan through Hyundai? I see that Hyundai Canada is currently offering 0% financing for up to 60 months for the Genesis Coupe.
It will be 2.99% at all terms (aka 24 months, 72 months), but is open loan (meaning you can pay off at anytime).
And there are no rebates, or special discount etc...as it is a high demand car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It will be 2.99% at all terms (aka 24 months, 72 months), but is open loan (meaning you can pay off at anytime).
And there are no rebates, or special discount etc...as it is a high demand car.
The Genesis Coupe is 0% up to 60 months (Canada, not sure about the USA). Perhaps a year from now the VT will be 0% as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts