Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI i just wanna know if anyone have figure out where are the wires underneath the dash, i know where to find it up above the dome light base on this article (How to install LEDs under dash?)
but i would like to know if anyone have figure out if the wires are also connected underneath or are underneath the dash.

My goal is to put a puddle light that are connected to the dome light so when i open any doors the lights will open up aswell. (led lights)

If no one knows, i have a second question.

Base on this article (http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/veloster-turbo-problems-help/11459-door-puddle-light-install-help.html)

I am able to connect my negative wire of my light to the door wire so that it will open when the door open aswell.
But the article have a driver and passenger wire; does this mean that the lights (led strip) will only like up if lets say i connect my negative on the driver side. Will the lights only open if the driverside door is open
or will it also open if i open the passenger side, eventhough i didn't connect the negative wire to the passenger side. same for the third door will the lights open also if open that or any of the door or will i have to
Connect the negative wire there also? if so how would you do that connect them to each individual door? thus my first question which seem to solve it all if that's the case which is finding the wire for the
Dome light.

I don't know if the second question made sense i hope it did.

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can split the ground between both doors. That way when either door opens, the lights will turn on.
You mean get a wire and connect them together (the grounds of each door? So im going to need a long wire to splice on both of them).?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean exactly what I said. Run the ground from your lights to both door grounds.

You could also tap into the map lights in the roof if you only wanted.
I didn't think of it that way, thanks for the input.. Ill try this suggestion.. apprentice it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts