Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the paint feel fragile in person?... or is it being over hyped on its maintenance requirements to compensate for dumb people.
It doesn't feel fragile, just different. It's not smooth like after a wax, but it's not rough. Somewhere in between. You can certainly feel the difference from a glossy car. You really have to be pretty dumb to ruin the paint yourself. I just washed and sealed it. Just use the care kit products it comes with and use microfiber towels instead of cotton towels.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Well, I was talking more about does it seem like it will scuff easier or get marked up, unfortunately we live in a world full of assholes that don't think twice about rubbing up against other peoples cars in parking lots and stuff.
It doesn't feel fragile, just different. It's not smooth like after a wax, but it's not rough. Somewhere in between. You can certainly feel the difference from a glossy car. You really have to be pretty dumb to ruin the paint yourself. I just washed and sealed it. Just use the care kit products it comes with and use microfiber towels instead of cotton towels.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I was talking more about does it seem like it will scuff easier or get marked up, unfortunately we live in a world full of assholes that don't think twice about rubbing up against other peoples cars in parking lots and stuff.
Doesn't seem like it would be any different. Plus, scratches would not appear as much as on a glossy car because not all the light is reflected back into your eyes, so the scratches appear more "invisible".

·
Registered
8 Posts
After 2 weeks of everyday use I feel like the Matte paint is no different than any other car I've had, except I don't have to wax it. It doesnt seem any more fragile or feel like its going to get damaged just by touching it or rubbing up against the car on accident.

Reactions: Turbosocks

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
awesome!! finally you got it!!! I knew the paint was going to be nowhere near the deal everyone was making it out to be!

Reactions: BrokenEars

·
Registered
287 Posts
Wow, congrats, let me know what ya think of that color in a year from now
So nice to see it's finally your, so cool

1 - 15 of 15 Posts