Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my son a 2013 veloster turbo. It had a blown engine. Very little knowledge of what occurred but it had a hole in it. I purchased a replacement engine out of a 2017 accent. Thought it was the same I was and still am ignorant to the internal differences. What do I need to swap out internally to make it work.

·
Super Moderator
3,856 Posts
accent motor isn't going to work... its not turbo. you need a turbocharged 1.6 out of another veloster turbo, or 2013-2018 1.6 turbocharged variant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm finding that out unfortunately. I was just curious if it was possible to possibly replace pistons with the type that are in the turbo, and then use the existing parts off of the turbo engine I have.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,668 Posts
Yeah I'm finding that out unfortunately. I was just curious if it was possible to possibly replace pistons with the type that are in the turbo, and then use the existing parts off of the turbo engine I have.
Nope

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks that is where I was looking and ones within a short drive were 4K going out some distance 3k. I also looked at wrecked ones at auctions but few turbo models and none are close. I noticed a few at auction that were mechanical or none running so was wondering were they abused or do the engines have longevity issues?

Car-part.com

·
Administrator
5,668 Posts
Only longevity issues are from improper maintenance, parts, tune, fuel, etc. Lower the miles and being a 15-17 engine the other factors are either elimated or matter less.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Check ebay. Not sure where you guys are at, but there's a few on there for well under $3000.

Reactions: rowekmr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just checked Ebay and they seem to cross reference the Accent and Veloster for the 1.6l turbo. The listing will be for Veloster 1.6l turbo and says fits Accent or the listing is for the Accent 1.6l and say it fits the Veloster turbo.
Is the Veloster turbo engine from 2012-2017 compatible or were there changes?

·
Administrator
5,668 Posts
You need a 15-17. 13 or 14 will work but not as good. You want the newest and lowest run time to be the best off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts