Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen. I have a 2015 veloster turbo. I bought it at 68000 miles it now has 82000 miles. I have a really rough idle, and and it's gotten louder now. Like I can't hear the cold air intake I guess. I'm not good with cars so bear with me. It also feels like it doesn't want to go or accelerate. Does it need a tune up or just some fuel injector cleaner? And if I need the cleaner what is the best kind? Let me know everything i need. I get paid today so I will go nuts on this car.

·
Super Moderator
3,823 Posts
do you have any codes?

what have you performed for maintenance? do you know what maintenance was completed by the previous owner?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No lights popped. And I've only been doing the oil changes on it and oil filters. So I'm asking now what needs done to it for me to start keeping up on this thing. It didn't come with no checklist or what the previous owner has done to it. So idk. I guess what I'm looking for rightnow is like a list of what I gotta do to this thing. To start keeping up on it and start taking care of it. I am in early recovery so the last few months this car didn't matter to me but now that I'm cleaned up I want to start taking care of this car to if that makes sense.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,558 Posts
Get it scanned for codes and report back. Post a video of what it sounds like if possible.

What oil, filter, and change intervals since you had it? Anything else you have done to the car? What gas do you run?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't done anything but 2 oil changes and 2 oil filters. Haven't done anything to it. Its completely stock. and I run regular gas. Should I run premium?

·
Administrator
5,558 Posts
If you did 2 oil and filter changes in 14k miles it will not matter anything else done as that will most likely screw the engine and other components. Yes, 91+ octane will be best for the car.

·
Administrator
5,558 Posts
I mean it probably needs new oem coils and new oem plugs from a 16+ VT but the engine and components may be screwed with that oil and filter change interval.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts