Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Idling struggle

3K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  trdtoy 
#1 ·
Recently noticed that my 2013 VT struggle on idle when i fill IT Up with gas.. what can be the cause?

#3 ·
I have a misfire code that Wont go away even with New coil and plug, i was Low on gas so i filled Up and after that the car was almost shutting itself on idle.. doesnt Do that often, but i realized IT was often when IT was full on gas that he struggle on idle

#4 ·
Fuel pump pickup crap and/or fuel line ?

#10 ·
Do you have something to view live data or datalog from the OBD2 port in .csv file? Do you only have P0300 and nothing else when pullingcodes? Are the codes in pending, current, or permanent status? When do you have black smoke?

#12 ·
Have you changed all coils to proper oem coils and all plugs to the proper heat range and plug gap? Are you using top tier fuel? On the oem tune? Does it have black smoke just cruising or heavy throttle? Have issues at heavy throttle? What are the fuel trims doing before during and after this idle issue? You can see that with what you have.

#20 ·
I mean yes, the 1422 is not the best plug for it but a lot better than the oem plug that came in the 13's. May not be your issue though which you may have multiple things going on here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.