Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello veloster turbo forum,
My name is Cody and I am looking at purchasing a new vehicle. I currently drive a 2006 mazdaspeed6 and I'm tired of the headaches it gives me. The stack of recipets for gas and repairs i could have bought another car already! Seriously half what I paid for the car I have put into it with repairs. Anyways that being said I am in the market for a new vehicle. I come to you to ask you, your driving impressions on your car. Yes, I have driven one, but a 3 minute ride can't do the car justice. I am quoted on a base VT with my upside down trade in at 23500 OTD. After reading many of these threads that's and amazing deal. I like the VT for the creature comforts and the gas mileage. I can't remember the last time I said fill it regular. But I am between the VT, the mazdaspeed3, focus st, and the sonic turbo. I have my reasons for all and the pros and cons of each make it very difficult for me to choose. I am 20 years old and would love to keep a car that would not break all the time so I am looking for a new car. The mazdaspeed can be had for 22000 otd but its a gas guzzler. The thing is I know everything about the platform and a lot of my mods will swap over to it. I like the focus and an upside is my Grandparents own a ford and chevy dealership. So I could get the Focus st or Sonic at cost. I like the sonic because its dirt cheap and gets good gas mileage. All in all I want a fun car I can keep for awhile. Tuning potential would be nice because I would hate to get bored of what I buy. My real worry is if I buy the veloster turbo is it something you feel like will stop being fun after awhile? Thanks guys I'm sure if you read this your eyes are probably burning from my wall of text. Any and all opinions would be nice. I think something to add is I pay my own bills I am a responsible "Adult" so money isn't a problem if I listed it I can afford it on my own. Thanks guys.

TL;DR : Need a new car. VT, MS3, ST, or Sonic turbo.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
If I had the money and didn't care about not having a 10 year warranty I would go for the Focus ST for the power and over boost feature along with the sporty ride.. But the VT has everything I want in a car specifically balls when you want them and MPG when you don't , and a lot of functional doo dads., also a lot of upgrade potential provided you want to invest in those upgrades.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, based on your comments about paying so much for repairs on y9our current vehicle and wanting to be able to keep it for awhile, it's very hard to not consider the 10yr/100,000 mile warranty of the Veloster. I wanted a fun commuter car, after looking at many of the vehicles you are considering and previously owning a MINI (talk about expensive repairs), it was the warranty that won me over to the Veloster. Don't get me wrong, I love everything else about the car, especially the tech features and the leather seats, but it was the warranty that sealed the deal!

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's fun when you want it to be and it gets me 30+mpg when I don't feel like giving her hell. And the 10yr/100,000 mile warranty is a plus. If you aren't a weekend racer at the track, then this is the car I would get if I were you. If I weren't worried about gas mileage and wanted some fun time on the track, then I would definately be in the Focus ST.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts