Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here’s what I started out with, a 2013 NAV with Tech & Style package:

The platform was very appealing to me. Modern, sporty yet practical, but it was lacking in the performance department, so I traded it for the VT. I’m very happy with that decision.

What’s been done so far:
• Active Sound Design and upper clutch switch disconnected
• CNT Catless Downpipe
• CNT Catback exhaust with Pypes tips
• Coolant bypass (intake manifold & throttle body)
• Eibach Springs
• Fiamm “El Grande” horns
• Koni Strut Inserts/Shocks
• Morimoto HID in 5500k
• Moroso breather & Add W1 catch can (have gone to VTA)
• M&S grille
• OEM spare tire & tool kit
• Pierce Motorsports rear torsion bar
• Pierce Motorsports two point brace
• REV 75a lower motor mount bushings
• SXTH front cross member
• SXTH short ram intake
• SXTH shifter base bushings
• SXTH FMIC
• Torque Solutions cable-end bushings
• Torque Solutions exhaust hangers
• Turbosmart plumb back BOV
• Turbosocks strut bar
• Tork Motorsports rigid collars
• Tork Motorsports Stage 1 Tune
• 60mm throttle body
• MAC BOV Solenoid

Future mods:
• Water/Methanol Injection

Cosmetics:
• Painted calipers in VHT blue (prime/paint/clear)
• Llumar 15% window tint
• Leds everywhere except turn signals
• Bought XXR530 rims in chromium but sold them
• 3M carbon fiber vinyl accents
• 3M clear bra bumper/hood/mirrors/lights
• Rear wiper delete
• WeatherTech front/rear mats

Mainly the plan is to do some minor things to improve the feel & performance of the car but nothing too radical, nor am I looking at changing the appearance of the car.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So I installed a 6EE front cross member. As it’s known when you remove the bumper, the front fascia piece loses a lot of its support and has a propensity to sag.

The typical answer to this is to beef up the brackets above the radiator and hope it holds. This however then places additional load on the headlight clips which aren’t designed to hold all the weight of the plastic up.

What I ended up doing was making a pair of brackets out of sheet metal I picked up at a hardware store.

These fit behind the new bumper and used a very strong existing bolt.

Here one was used for the horns.

Two holes were drilled under the bumper. A grommet was inserted which would protect the plastic and help dampen/distribute the load. Sorry for the crappy CF wrap, but this area is not visible when looking at the car.

A long bolt with a wing nut was utilized to connect the bumper to the brackets.

This, coupled with stronger radiator support brackets keeps the bumper well supported and alleviates some of the stress to the weak headlight brackets.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just ordered my Spark plugs. Hoping to get my exhaust installed next weekend, but unfortunately it doesnt look like my new BOV will be here before the tuning event, so i wont be able to install my Front mount.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i guess i could. I dont know how much Sxth will try to increase the boost, so idk how much more the stock one will handle. but I guess that is something i could do!

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
idk how much more the stock one will handle.
Not a hell of a lot. But it should show up as a pretty simple leak. Just let him know you will be replacing it and have him aim the tune for the replacement.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So on a whim, I decided to pull the trigger on the SXTH SRI. Expected it to be as loud as the 845 3" with Specter cone filter was. Much to my surprise however, it is not anywhere nearly as loud, but sounds great nonetheless. I'm also glad to discover that it didn't come with a breather inlet. Another awesome product from SXTH.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Just so you know the pierce catless dp of the same size flows a lot better than the CNT does. That resonated section of the CNT kills the flow.....
You should still see gains though.....

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Got a tune from Tork... man this car rips now!

Just so you know the pierce catless dp of the same size flows a lot better than the CNT does. That resonated section of the CNT kills the flow.....
You should still see gains though.....
I ended up gutting the HFC DP so now it's just a tube, lol

·
Registered
872 Posts
coming along nicely... you're going to wonder why you waited so long on that rear torsion bar!

Reactions: Incognito

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The roads around here are pretty decent so it wasn't something I felt needed immediate attention. Nonetheless the bar has made a noticeable improvement. The rear now feels less jiggly. There's a guy on the Forte Turbo forum that bought replacement poly bushings for the rear beam axle (link). If he ever puts them in, it'll be interesting to see how that changes things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy fellow Denver-ite!

Long time reader... first time.... post...er. Apologies for a weak profile....1st day.

Really dig your VT and I have a million questions about mods for my VT (2014 Black AT) that work well at our altitude (Im in Littleton). If you are down, It would be cool to meet up with you and others and to pick your brain and discuss all things VT at some point?

I have had mine for two years now and really enjoy it. There are not that many VT owners out there (unlike to 1.2 million Subie owners in the Denver area alone) so finding someone with performance R&D knowledge would be ideal so let me know if you would mind meeting up. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!
BVTD

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry for the delay, I just saw this post (damn new forum format). It's a lame response unfortunately, but I'm working six days a week this year (don't ask me why) and the little time I have off is spent with the family. I'll be happy to help you on here any which way I can tho.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts