Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently disabled my fake engi..... I mean "active sound design."
I like the sound much better now (because it's real). However, with it being so much quieter, I now notice seemingly random spikes in the exhaust volume. It seems to happen around 3k-4k rpm, but I've heard it at other times too. It tends to go away quickly (around .5s).
I originally thought it was a resonant tone in my exhaust, but it doesn't always happen at one speed, and it isnt very consistent.
The only other thing I can think of is variable valve lift, but I would expect that to be more consistent too, and I'd hear it with late throttle inputs at high revs all the time, not just randomly.
Any other ideas? Has anyone else experienced this?
I will try to post a sound clip later.

I am full stock with a tork pipe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I live in North Decatur, how about you? I've only seen a few VTs around but I know for sure I've seen one with HIDs one morning (because it made me jealous).

Edit because while I do love in north decatur, I meant to say I live in north Decatur.

·
Super Moderator
2,478 Posts
TMI, I kid. You'll see me travel pretty much everywhere in GA but only been to Decatur a few times.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I think I may have found the problem. When I disabled ASD, I only pulled one wire. I went ahead and cut the other just to see, and I haven't heard the noise spike yet. We will see if this did actually solve it.

I wish there was a bit more information about where the ASD is generated and how it works. It would help me troubleshoot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts