Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Interested in Group Buy?

Injen Intake Coming Soon

24K views 133 replies 25 participants last post by  HelloImErwin 
#1 ·
Injen will be using my car for R&D and they will be developing an intake system for the Veloster Turbo. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

#3 ·
And so the waiting game begins lol

#5 ·
Curious, will they be dynoing it before and after for possible gains? I know intake is not really quantified by hp gains so much as response, but any documentation would be helpful

#9 ·
My prayer has been answered! Can you get them to create the Short Ram Intake with the heat shield? The one below is the one I exactly want, it would make the engine bay look so mean.

View attachment 526
Injen was not certain on the type of intake that will be prototype as this is the first time they've worked or seen the veloster turbo setup. But that heat shield does make a big difference in appearance!

#12 ·
and it will probably be 200$ like the NA V's.

power gain probably will be a MAX of 6-7 even with a CAI, maybe less power.

I still will continue to push people doing this by themselves.. for less than HALF the cost of a AEM/Injen product you can make your own. All you need is a pipe cutter or a saw. If you don't have a saw laying around, you can buy a pipe cutter and still spend much less than an Injen for pretty much the same thing.

#14 ·
I do agree you'll save some money. A 'tuned' intake vs. a DIY intake won't have a significant variance in performance.

You'll just have a CARB exempt sticker when it comes time for a smog check (OR replace it with the OEM stock airbox before the smog check) and nicer looking piping.

#19 ·
Update

They will be offering a short ram and a cold air that could convert to a short ram. HP/Torque gains will be provided by the end of today or sometime tomorrow. Additionally, a group buy can be organized through an Injen distributor if people are interested.

#21 ·
Boys and girls, after having been in contact with one of the competitively priced and reputable websites of CAI, this was their reply to me on their Injen product:
” Hello,

I've spoken with Injen and this is on their list of R&D. It is a matter of them completing their testing and dyno work and having a vehicle available to complete those. I expect Injen to have a unit in production quite some time before AEM if history is any indication.

As soon as the product is released, we will list it here: New Level Motor Sports - Car & Truck Accessories, Cold Air Intakes, Flash Tuners, Headers Exhaust & More

Not sure if this helps any, but I tried.

#22 ·
There's someone already here on the forum using their car for R&D @ Injen's facility. I really don't want a CAI so I hope their working on a SRI with a sick heatshield to make the engine bay look mean OR I would hope CP-E is working on something that fulfills my needs.

#26 ·
But he's doing a good deed for the rest of us. Taking one for the team, so to speak <3 haha

#27 ·
Hey guys, here's an update. R&D is complete. The system is a cold air intake with the option of making it a short ram by removing the attachment. 12 hp and torque gain. I will ask for them to confirm this number on Tuesday as I made it to the facility right at closing and were on the way out.

Next week I'll get more info on part number, group buy, and dyno results. Stay tuned!

#31 ·
It'll be in process for CARB exemption. The process usually takes a out a year. Injen posts the status of the product on their site. You can request for a sticker once it passes.

A response from injen via email:
Will the intake be CARB exempt?
·It take roughly a year to get CARB certification after the intake is developed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.