Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I finally decided to install a electronic boost gauge I had sitting around for another one of my cars. First off, this is the first electronic boost gauge i have installed, all the other boost gauges i have installed were always mechanical. I have tried 2 different vacumn hoses and all I am getting is a vacumn reading no boost. I will try and see if i can tap into the wastegate hose but that is in a hard spot to reach. Does anyone have any ideas on where i can get the correct vacumn source. Don't comment on the location its temporary till I can figure out how to get the guage to read boost plus i have to have it somewhere within my peripheral when i drive :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I installed one using an OBD2 adapter and my phone and some Torque app awesomeness. ;)

I did post some info on what wires you need to tap in THIS THREAD.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the problem is what do i do about the vacumn hose that connects to the boost adapter. That hose reads vacumn then connects to the bosst adapter that converts that into a signal that wires up to the gauge.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Yeah that's why I went with my Android app solution. A lot less headache. Plus I get get 100x more gauges and you can pick gauge styles. Turbosocks posted some picks in a couple threads. You can get themes or create your own too. I found some nice blue ones to match the car. All you have to do is a minor mod to the Fuse/OBD access cover.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i guess that might be my best bet than, Ill just install this gauge on my MR2, I just wanted to read what the stock boost wis putting out. What boost are you getting at WOT?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Plus if you have that stack of cars in your sig block, you can swap it from car to car. Torque lets create profiles for multiple cars. Turbosocks got the $20 BT adapter. I spent a extra and got the Scantool.NET MX model.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only problem is all the other cars are obd1. HellHunter did u ever go to metro back in the day. I'm originally from Md.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Not entirely sure what you mean by metro.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I went with the $5 Torque app and the cheap Elm327 adapter on Amazon...very happy with both of them. Has 0-60 and all the gauges you could ever want...besides oil pressure-don't really get that. I sit my Razr Maxx on its side in the center of my gauges. There's a little place in there that seems to hold it pretty good except in hard launches. I also have the app on a 10" Xyboard but that's way to much to look at while driving...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not entirely sure what you mean by metro.
I guess it was before your time it was spot were everyone would meet up and check each others cars out and later race.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went with the $5 Torque app and the cheap Elm327 adapter on Amazon...very happy with both of them. Has 0-60 and all the gauges you could ever want...besides oil pressure-don't really get that. I sit my Razr Maxx on its side in the center of my gauges. There's a little place in there that seems to hold it pretty good except in hard launches. I also have the app on a 10" Xyboard but that's way to much to look at while driving...
What boost are you guys reading than at WOT.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sucks that this doesn't work with an iPhone. Anyone know of anything that does?

And I second the last post, you ever get a boost guage to work? That's something I'd like to do just for the pure cheese factor of it. It's fun watching the needle go as you freel the boost kick in.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im trying to get the scematics from a genesis coupe here at work and get one of the mechanics to help me out. Ill post something as soon i figure this out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you ever get the boost to read yet? I'm planning to add a electric boost gauge as well.
Finally got it to read boost but but now it does not read vacumm. I tapped off the wastegate solenoid which is actually pretty easy to access it once i put the car on a lift.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
got a pic of the LOC?
Finally got it to read boost but but now it does not read vacumm. I tapped off the wastegate solenoid which is actually pretty easy to access it once i put the car on a lift.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The actuator can actually be seen between the side of the engine on the passenger side and the motor. I had the car on a lift but now that I know where the hose is I can just jack the left side of the car up and access the wastegate easier. You can see in the pics where I put a 3 way tee to the actuator off the wastegate. Its right above the axle as you can see...

Auto part Fictional character Green Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive exterior

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.