Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Veloster Turbo Rear wing spoiler Installation Instructions for NiceMotors Korea
(1) Gather the following items for installation. Plastic containers to hold installation parts supplied. Alcohol, cotton balls, Needle nose pliers, Philips screw driver with great trip, flash light, Plastic Upholstery removal tool, 17 mm socket with extension and wrench, two large pillow cases, three supporting pillows, Portable drill, 3 drill bits: one smaller than intercore of screws , one same size, one much smaller than core for marking holes, ruler and masking tape.

(2) Unpack spoiler/wing. Handle carefully. Cover ends with pillow cases, Put down bottom up on soft Bed/couch/table rear facing to you. Sit in Chair, place wing support in support holes, they only go one way. Bottom holes will go into wing/spoiler. Three precut holes (2)in brace are for you to mark for drilling.( Be careful here and every predrilled hole. Fiber glass had run over holes in several predrilled holes and support screw would not have set and if you try to pry you may damage so drill another hole in brace. Look at this with flashlight very carefully for overflow.

(3) Use smallest drill, extended as far as you can in drill, to reach bottom of new spoiler for marking thru brace holes. You can use pencil flash light or as I did, a small table lamp to see. Drill six marking spots for holes using predrilled holes in brace as a guide just touching underside of spoiler. Remove brace and using largest drill bit “reverse speed” drill and make a counter sink just on the surface on each marking guide hole using reverse. Fiberglass will shatter if you don’t counter sink when you drill largest hole. Put brace on again to check your marks, if Ok , drill final midsize bit into bottom of spoiler. Do both sides on bottom of spoiler.

(4) Take screw driver and screw into each hole so you have each hole pretapped. You will be using a long shaft screw driver to insert screws into tip held to screwdriver by masking tape. Use as little of tape to hold screw as you can. Take large piece of 3M tape and check fitting to bottom spoiler holes where you have drilled. Mark all holes on tape where you have made holes so you will be able to see holes drilled once you have applied tape. I used a nail. I was lucky I had a hand hole punch to punch hole. Clean brace location with alcohol where tape will go and also supporting braces. Once you have tape holes punched apply tape to bottom of spoiler exposing drilled holes.

(5) Insert screws thru small plug hole and tighten into bottom of spoiling torqueing down one both sides, then another until you get all started. Then tighten like you would a spare tire on your car using a pattern. Do not over tighten go back and forth until spoiler fits perfectly.

(6) Now you are ready to place on car. Careful carrying to car, ceiling fans etc, I marked the rear of the spoiler, the center point of the rear spoiler with masking tape . I have white stripes on my car so this was easy to find center of OEM spoiler. Another point is to look at braces where they touch the glass and see if it is even on both sides, about three inches.

(7) Check the brace that it fits the OEM brace perfectly where you have decided to mark. I used masking tape and marked both sides of brace on OEM spoiler. Remove and cover spoiler as next task will take a while.

(8) Remove trim inside trunk from bottom of spoiler. Using Upholstery tool start either end and pry carefully. Cover will come a up little at a time. It is held by four yellow Christmas tree snaps. They will pop as you remove. Once removed, if any of the snaps stayed in the OEM spoiler, remove these by using a small screwdriver carefully. Takes these snaps put them back in place on the upholstery cover that you removed so it will be ready for reinstallation. Put cover in rear seat of car.

(9) Remove OEM Spoiler. Disconnect electrical plug by pushing crimp on connector. You also will have to remove two small pieces of electrical tape holding middle stop light. Remove wiper water hose from tubing to spoiler. Remove seven 17mm nuts from bottom of spoiler. Be careful not to drop any. The OEM spoiler has two white Christmas tree snaps, one at each end holding the end, Holding spoiler pry carefully use Upholstery tool, pry along spoiler both ends until it pops up.

(10) You will be surprised how easily the completed spoiler will reattach. The spoiler doesn’t affect rear vision at all and the extra weight does not affect the operation of the trunk and the holding braces work fine. You can feel the weight when you initially open or go to close that’s all.

(11) To install the spoiler to the OEM you use all the tasks I have already stated. The two long sponge lengths of tape are used to fill the gaps between the OEM factory wing screw holes to help support the extra weight. Cut and attach to bottom of OEM spoiler. Two small pieces got bottom of spoiler that touches glass, cut to fit.

(12) I had no assistance and this was an easy installation but if you have it use it.. New spoiler rested on the open trunk and you can easily reattach screws yourself. I Used tape on the 17mm nut to hold socket extension for first nut as I had one hand on trunk lid and the other on the socket extension. Do not over torque nuts when you tighten. .

Attachments

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Mine didnt come with anything to close up the top mount holes on the braces, just an FYI.. I found some master cylinder gaskets that fit PERFECTLY at advance auto...

Looks good man.. Love mine
Did mine a bit different.. painted the stock wing piano black to match the glass, as well as the braces to give the wing a floating look with original color paint.

(My install guide and info on those gaskets if needed)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm still torn on whether or not I like the look of add-on wings. I wish someone just made a larger version of our stock one.

·
Registered
347 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts