Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my intercooler back to stock to test a theory and I was right, the over under fmic I bought was doing as good as a job as the stock one at cooling the charge air. My stock intercooler cools the air down to 14 degrees above ambient where the the bigger intercooler was staying around 30. Each temp was based at 80 mph. Also, I'm sure my car is still having a problem but where I was having a problem coming up to full boost is almost all gone. The only thing I can come up with is the design of the fmic. Being an over under design with the hot air going in at the bottom is heat soaking the air at the top. Plus the way it's mounted the lower side of the intercooler it mounted below the air way of the grill. Is anyone else having a similar problem? I've had it on my car for about 22,000 miles

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unless the tork app is off, at 80 mph it's 90 outside and the air intake shows 114 -116

·
Registered
282 Posts
I ran a FMIC but after blowing my head gasket i took it off went with -X- and Tippet ORIC track tested at 40 degrees colder than stock and sits in OEM location with 845 cold pipe and Synapse DV i have zero issues.

Do i believe having fmic can cause issues since it blocks air yes and no..
View attachment 46152 View attachment 46153 View attachment 46154
I too also have the ORIC with similar results with no heatsoak issues. Add my Methanol (100%) injection, i actually drop below ambient by about 10 to 20 degrees depending on how long I'm at WOT.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did mean turbo socks but I didn't want to make it seam like I was bad mouthing him. And yes, I have no idea what happened to my math.

Also right now I'm sorta confused, as long as my intake stays 100% stock my car will run right 95% of the time. But if I change 1 thing, whether it be the intake, the intercooler, the resonator even and the car runs like crap. The dealership says as long as I bring the car in the stock condition they'll warranty the repairs for me but I don't know how they'll find the problem if the problem doesn't show its face on the regular anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too also have the ORIC with similar results with no heatsoak issues. Add my Methanol (100%) injection, i actually drop below ambient by about 10 to 20 degrees depending on how long I'm at WOT.
What BOV do you use with the ORIC?

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,086 Posts
User has not been on here since 2017

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
You can use any bov you set the car up to run with.

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
Only had a few of those made. Working on an upgraded version for oem location now actually. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
Hey, that's a behind the scenes picture!

Sounds like a plan!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts