Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,558 Posts
Stop breaking things!

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m surprised it took this long! Made it home. I am curious if I Should just replace it all including the wheel bearing.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so auto and manual shafts the same? that is what i am seeing.

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is the part number for the MANUAL intermediate shaft.... but also says auto? lol

495602V300

this is what i'm seeing for the passenger axle manual.

495012V300

·
Registered
281 Posts
Enter your year on Rockauto.com, I haven’t gone wrong that way. Aftermarket is way cheaper than Hyundai anyhow…

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No shaft on rockauto, it’s the first place I checked.

I race the car all the time, so oem axle may be my only option. But the shaft is what looks to be bad. I want to buy both.

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It’s just nuts. I felt like this was going for a long time almost unnoticed until the track day. I would get small squeaks but everything was tight and lubed at the hub. Yesterday I spent all day in the rain on track except for 3-4 mostly dry laps.

it started off as a low growl like the engine noise was amplified but only on hard left turns. Palmer is a track on a mountain. I pushed real hard on the start of that dry session before it started raining and got my personal best lap. It was good enough for first for awhile, but it dried out again later for other competitors to make faster laps, and my sessions were just rain for the rest of the day. In the pits I could hear louder squeak and small thumps, we pulled the wheel and cut a bunch of plastic out I was rubbing, some of the pieces could be thumping on the tire.

Car drove home and back fine for the next day. Rain in the morning I was pushing but slow. Got under the car and grabbed the axle abd shaft it had that play in it.

Got a very dry session and it got very worse after that lol. I came in early then took the last final session to Atleast not dnf, 2 slow laps up and down the mountain.

·
Administrator
5,558 Posts
Contact Albert Hwang on FB

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol no FB :) i am going to do a deeper dive today to make sure i'm right then figure something out with ya.

·
Administrator
5,558 Posts
I can order whatever you need

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have this figured out! I got under the car today on ramps to give it all a good shaking. That int bearing is surely toast. My previous experience on older hondas with shafts like this, this should be a tight fit and only the cv should move. I can wiggle the shaft connection up and down in the round housing.

I found a good low miles used complete axle shaft and bearing about an hour away im
Gonna pick up tomorrow. Planning on doing the wheel bearing and hub as well since although smooth… why not? I have a press at work :)

·
Administrator
5,558 Posts
Good

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
a little reference :)

·
Administrator
5,558 Posts
Nice!
Have a VT thats FBO E85 and water/meth I'll be tuning at the Roval at Charlotte on the 16th and 17th! Already tuned him on 93 but he wants more. I'm curious how it will do there and how fast he can get it up to safely. Gonna be nasty!

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
115 is my max here so far.... the front straight is a long "downhill" S curve.

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe the bearing is bad too ? It’s gritty. You can’t hear the grit in the video.

·
Administrator
5,558 Posts
Possibly

·
Super Moderator
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a new pair en route. Should be here tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts