Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried them today for the first time and felt maybe a couple degrees warmer. I thought it was probably my driver seat acting up so i tried the passenger... Same thing.... I can fart and make them A LOT warmer LOL. Anyone else have this issue? i feel like the ultimate package was kind of a waste of money.... The 115 volt outlet is super weak and the seat warmers too? I love the car but dang, i feel like they might've dropped the ball on the details

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
I'm in GA, and its in the 80s... I haven't had a chance to turn them on. However, I know the Sonatas warm up pretty well so I expect the same results.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was mid 70s today here in VA but i just tried them to see how they worked, did not really notice anything till about 5 minutes later when it got a liiiittle bit warm lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wouldn't expect them to get too warm. I'd bet when it's really cold outside that they will feel great in comparison to the cold. Then I've never had heated seats, so I've nothing to compare them to.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have had warmers before and they felt a lot hotter than this, even in the middle of a hot day.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My Sonata seats would scorch you even on a summer day (frequent family joke in the summer for me to casually pop the button on the passenger side and see how long it took for the occupant to notice. These don't seem to heat up nearly as well. Supposed to be in the 30's here tonight so I'll test them out in the morning and report back.

·
Registered
170 Posts
if you red the manula, (get adult bevearge ) it says that in warm weather they might not even turn on, but when its cold out they will get far hotter , some sort of saftey thing if i recall.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
if you red the manula, (get adult bevearge ) it says that in warm weather they might not even turn on, but when its cold out they will get far hotter , some sort of saftey thing if i recall.
I hope that's what you recall because if not they better do a recall on our seat warmers to get the darn thing fixed.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I 've been using them every morning, and after 5 mins in the high, i have to switch it to midium setting cause my butt starts frying , and i live in Ohio, so we've had a few cold days.. i think maybe your seats are defected.

·
2,385 Posts
MI here. Low setting = sucky, can't even tell it's there and on. Second setting, much better.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I tried them yesterday. My OAT read 8C at 8:30am after being parked all night outside ,46F for those south of the border :), and they worked very well. By the time I got to the 403 (5 minute drive) I had to turn them down to medium even though I was driving with my windows rolled down and the sunroof open.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used mine yesterday and noticed only a slight warming. Not sure what to do with the low setting if that's the extent of it. dplight may be right, it will probably make a big difference when it gets really cold.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mine will roast your nuts considering its a seat warmer, and not 'heated seats' ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts