Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put it in first gear, get the car going, than push in the clutch (while keeping it in 1st gear) , at this point the car is still rolling .. but at the same time is making a strange noise sounding like a howling noise) ..only happens in when cruising , with the clutch pushed in , and at same time in 1st gear

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope still stock.. It kinda sounds like the reverse gear .. When in first gear and the clutch pushed in.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thats odd. Maybe a loose body panel? I'll drive tonight and try and see what I find. Do you know your approximate speed. Obviously in first only, with clutch disengaged, but is there a specific speed? Or if you were to allow it to roll stop, with clutch disengaged, after acceleration, would the noise be consistent?

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is a normal amount of spin noise you'll get off of first gear if your coasting with the clutch pushed in. It doesn't take much speed to be spinning the input shaft to the transmission very fast in 1st. I wouldn't call it a howling noise. More of a whine.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes the whine is consistent , with the clutched pushed in , in 1st gear only at any speed, and stops when I come to a complete stop, release the clutch, or change to a different gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts