Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've been working on getting a tune with Peter from ISP Racing (Beltsville, MD) whom is also an authorized dealer for Eurocharged. He was surprised by all the interest from the VT crowd regarding tunes, and asked me if there was enough interest for Jerry from Eurocharged Houston to fly over to MD to hold a dyno tune event. We probably don't need that many ppl commiting to it (I would say it'd be good with 5-8), since there is also a big crowd of BMW/Mercedez/Supra's that are also interested in the dyno tune event.

I asked him to provide me with an estimated date and pricing for the dyno tune (but did mention hat most of ours was around $500 for dyno tune events), so I will update when I hear back.

Is anyone else on the east coast/MD area interested in getting Eurocharged dyno tuned?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Man that's tempting. I would definitely want to dyno my car but I don't know if I'd want to retune my car and loose the features I got for such a great deal through Tork. That said if I didn't already have my tune I'd sign up in a heart beat!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Depends. I need my ORIC and down pipe first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Your ORIC is a ways off, plus it's not a deal breaker for performance. Down pipe is another story. Get that DP on there and do eet!

Edit... forget the ORIC. Invest in the Turbo Elbow as they will be produced first and it will make a bigger difference than the ORIC.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depends. I need my ORIC and down pipe first.

Just throwing it out there that you can always get it reflashed for only $35 at a later time if you decide to add on mods.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Your ORIC is a ways off, plus it's not a deal breaker for performance. Down pipe is another story. Get that DP on there and do eet!

Edit... forget the ORIC. Invest in the Turbo Elbow as they will be produced first and it will make a bigger difference than the ORIC.
Also the added cost of an extra ECU, I also have the 1 year anniversary coming up so funds will be low this next month or so.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
897 Posts
If they could do NY I would consider it. MD is too far for me

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Also the added cost of an extra ECU, I also have the 1 year anniversary coming up so funds will be low this next month or so.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
Ya know if you look it up I believe the traditional first anniversary gift is either paper or cotton. Should be cheap.

If they could do NY I would consider it. MD is too far for me
Screw that noise. Then we would have to come to NY... and that sucks. Lol.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol I was willing to drive to Pennsylvania for the Tork event but that never caught traction :) NY isn't THAT bad... 3.5 - 4 hours from beltsville MD? haha

·
Registered
210 Posts
lol I was willing to drive to Pennsylvania for the Tork event but that never caught traction :) NY isn't THAT bad... 3.5 - 4 hours from beltsville MD? haha
Blech, driving through NYC... last time I drove through there was in a 16' moving truck that was on it's last legs. Rickety ass storage box was leaning about 5 degrees off on the passenger side. Thought the whole thing was going to tip over around every turn. The truck was covered in gang tags, and there was a bullet hole in the windshield that whistled at highway speeds... 12 hours of that... *shudder*... never again.

If I'm driving that far for a tune, it'll either be to Eurocharged Toronto, or 845 Motorsports.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Blech, driving through NYC... last time I drove through there was in a 16' moving truck that was on it's last legs. Rickety ass storage box was leaning about 5 degrees off on the passenger side. Thought the whole thing was going to tip over around every turn. The truck was covered in gang tags, and there was a bullet hole in the windshield that whistled at highway speeds... 12 hours of that... *shudder*... never again.

If I'm driving that far for a tune, it'll either be to Eurocharged Toronto, or 845 Motorsports.
Haha really? NYC is only 4 hours away from MD, Eurocharged Toronto is 8.5 hours and you have to deal with Toronto traffic. Last time I drove to Toronto, after passing the border I was stuck in a 2 hour traffic that only went 2 miles. Awful stuff!

845 Motorsports I didn't realize was in NYC, that sounds pretty cool. I haven't heard of anyone getting tuned by them though

·
Registered
210 Posts
Haha really? NYC is only 4 hours away from MD, Eurocharged Toronto is 8.5 hours and you have to deal with Toronto traffic. Last time I drove to Toronto, after passing the border I was stuck in a 2 hour traffic that only went 2 miles. Awful stuff!

845 Motorsports I didn't realize was in NYC, that sounds pretty cool. I haven't heard of anyone getting tuned by them though
845 Motorsports is right on the border of PA, but they are only tuning manual transmissions at this point. Not quite ready for A/T VTs yet, but they figure they'll have those sorted soon.

For me, driving from Pittsburgh, it's a bit of a wash, really.

ISP Racing (MD) : 4 hours
Seoulful Racing (PA) : 4.5 hours
Eurocharged Toronto (CA): 5.5 hours
845 Motorsports (NY) : 5.5 hours

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ya know if you look it up I believe the traditional first anniversary gift is either paper or cotton. Should be cheap.
It's not the gift I'm worried about. We are both stationed separately and 410 miles apart; there's also a PCS move as well so we have a mini vacation set up to make the most of the day and to help her move.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just a quick update. I spoke with ISP Racing, and they are just waiting on a software update at this point. They said they should have that addressed next week with any luck. They also said they've been getting calls every day for the Veloster Turbo tuning, so are really focused on getting this working.

Cheers!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just a quick update. I spoke with ISP Racing, and they are just waiting on a software update at this point. They said they should have that addressed next week with any luck. They also said they've been getting calls every day for the Veloster Turbo tuning, so are really focused on getting this working.

Cheers!
I got a bit inpatient with ISP Racing (not their fault tho, they are simply the middleman), and Eurocharged for not getting this taken care of for several weeks so I decided to go with Tork Tune lol. Best of luck to the rest of you guys!! Peter from ISP is a great guy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts