Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m a super new 16’VT owner I really enjoy the car when it seems to run right which hasn’t been very often lately. I’ve had misfires on all 4 cylinders. Throwing the p300 codes so I replaced the plugs (checked the gap all .028-.030 I read up on here 1st) and clearly the previous owner did judging by the way they looked. I checked the coils by pulling them off and seeing the rpm’s drop. I replaced the 1 and 3 coil packs with each other just to see if any change and nothing it still runs the same. It’s a rough idle until I take off then it smooths out and I have power and when I say rough I mean the miss makes it almost wanna die. I replaced the pcv valve that helped I even soft reset the ecu. So I’m curious does this vehicle has a egr valve or no? Also if it’s a collapsed fuel line wouldn’t it be cutting out at high speeds as well?? I’m at a loss and it’s a 3-4 week wait at Hyundai which im sure the dealership will take it to. So I’m trying to self diagnose it and if I can take care of it myself I will. When I fully press the brakes in is when it does it I can press them hard enough to stay still and the rpm’s don’t dip to 500. So maybe vacuum? I’m new to forced induction so yeah any help would be greatly appreciated. It’s a stock VT to my knowledge I don’t see anything aftermarket either. I did fill up with regular fuel then topped off w/mid at 3/4 low. I’ve also ran GDI cleaner through the intake. I’m probably going to check out the throttle body today as well. Thanks guys it’s only on 61,500 miles.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,784 Posts
You need to verify all the parts and tune in the car. Do not assume anything. Figuring out the issue is usually not difficult the more that is known on the mods and the tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tune wise I can’t call but everything else is stock I bought it used from a dealership. Intake is stock can’t say for sure on Bpv but no cool blow off noises so I’m sure that’s stock as well. Maybe the coil packs are bad just not out yet. They have a blue dot on them so I’m sure that’s factory. I got the cat checked no clog. I’m not sure how to “hard reset” the ecu to clear an old tune or of that would even work. But I pulled the negative and it started up good but once the parameters were read it started back up. But the brake thing gets me all the way to the floor it drops but just enough to hold it in place it doesn’t. Maybe that’s just me looking into it to much or maybe vaccum issues may be had idk. This is the 1st car of its type I’ve owned so I’m not 100% on what to look for exactly. Besides the obvious.

·
Super Moderator
3,890 Posts
take some photos.

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo, Elite White, AT
7 Posts
On my '14 VT I encountered a misfire issue at about 65k miles, sounds like the one you are describing. After some looking around I noticed the plugs are supposed to be replaced every 30k miles AND if they aren't they can cause the coils to go bad as well. My ECU was throwing idk which # code but it was for a cylinder 3 misfire. I swapped the 1 and 3 coils and no change. But then I replaced the plugs and coils and that fixed the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts