Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm a visitor from the forte forums. As some of you may know, the 2012-2017 veloster shares nearly the exact same suspension as the 2nd gen forte. Same rear sway bar (from whiteline, pierce, etc), and of course same nervous rear.

I recently purchased the white line 18mm rear sway bar and am now upset after hearing about it. I guess the consensus is that it is really "meh" and that it even snaps/breaks in some cases whereas the Pierce bar is really sturdy from what I hear.
Does anyone have any input on this? I already confirmed fitment on the white line bar and coated it with cosmoline for the rust belt...I don't think a return is possible at this point. Plan to install it tomorrow.

The Pierce bar is only 1mm thicker and based on the white line bar allegedly. 18mm vs 19mm. Could it really be much better? The reviews for the white line are mixed but the reviews for the Pierce bar are all great.

Brown Wood Flooring Floor Ingredient

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,424 Posts
Pierce bar is better but both have had failures before. Run what you have or sell and buy a better bar. You will not likely feel the difference between the two.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,171 Posts
i broke a whiteline bar in less than 18 months, but the pierce bar has been great for years.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,171 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
756 Posts
I thought Evilla made the bar for Pierce? 🤔🧐
I bought both of mine from Evilla Motorsports and quite happy with the bar.

I had to but the Version 2 for my coilovers setup but Evilla has great product. 👍

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I thought Evilla made the bar for Pierce? 🤔🧐
I bought both of mine from Evilla Motorsports and quite happy with the bar.

I had to but the Version 2 for my coilovers setup but Evilla has great product. 👍
Nice. How many miles do you have on the Evilla V2 bar? Any issues?

I have looked at Evilla's V2 bar and may go for that one. It is made of Chromoly (I don't think Pierce's bar is) and the design looks like there is less stress on the mount points.

I've got my eye on that one and may go for it over the Pierce. My only question is: How thick is it? Evilla doesn't list a thickness. And is it hollow? Just trying to figure out how it compares in strength to Pierce's 19mm, solid steel. If it is also 19mm solid, and chromoly, then that's gotta be one solid bar. I definitely am leaning towards the Evilla.

Also yes, The two bars are different. Here is Pierce's (Top) and Evilla (Bottom):
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Vision care Bag Gadget Font Eyewear

·
Registered
13 VT
141 Posts
Nice. How many miles do you have on the Evilla V2 bar? Any issues?

I have looked at Evilla's V2 bar and may go for that one. It is made of Chromoly (I don't think Pierce's bar is) and the design looks like there is less stress on the mount points.

I've got my eye on that one and may go for it over the Pierce. My only question is: How thick is it? Evilla doesn't list a thickness. And is it hollow? Just trying to figure out how it compares in strength to Pierce's 19mm, solid steel. If it is also 19mm solid, and chromoly, then that's gotta be one solid bar. I definitely am leaning towards the Evilla.

Also yes, The two bars are different. Here is Pierce's (Top) and Evilla (Bottom):
View attachment 107968
View attachment 107969
just chiming in to say Pierce's bar is indeed made of chromoly steel as well.
(" All our products are built from 4130 cromoly for the lightest most rigid/strong braces available!")
I've had his rear torsion bar for 5 years without a single issue. I have the 2 pt tiebar, as well as his front sway bar and strut tower brace; all have made drastic improvements and have held up for years against mild abuse (tuned, full bolt ons, etc). Pierce is the man!

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Elite White, Black/Blue Interior
1,371 Posts
I've had the Pierce on my 14 VT for over 8 years now without issues. Also have the Pierce 4 point up front. But I'll be selling it all soon as I part out the VT.

Reactions: Incognito

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
756 Posts
I now remember that I bought the Pierce bar V1 and it had an Evilla sticker on the bar so I know Evilla makes the bars for Pierce or at least the rear tie bar.

My V2 bar is waiting to be installed as I've been busy with my track bike and I also still need to install my coilovers which is the reason why the V2 bar was produced.

Coilovers because they're adjustable won't work with the V1 bar so there's a larger relief in the bar to accommodate a rear coilovers setup.

I've got to get my coilovers on sooner than expected because towing the bike has the rear sagging a bit when towing and the coilovers can be stiffened up in the rear to keep things level. 😁🤗

Once I realized that Evilla was making the bars for Pierce I got his other bars for the front end of the car and xbrace bar too. It's like it's on rails. 😍

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
295 Posts
I have the Evilla v2. When I let mine off of the jacks it makes a loud groaning and popping noise. No cracks in the weld or bar, have about 10,000 miles on mine. Fits with my coilovers just fine

• Helpful

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Elite White, Black/Blue Interior
1,371 Posts
how's the 4 point ?
It's good, I feel like it keeps the car planted and more responsive. Altho I don't really remember what it was like without it 8 years ago but will find out again when I take it off lol

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
295 Posts
I recently had the opportunity to drive my brother's stock veloster. I can now safely say that a rear swaybar is an essential upgrade if you do any sort of spirited driving

• Helpful
1 - 17 of 17 Posts