Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about this?

http://instagr.am/p/B-8-4-4Hgl0/
With the stock turbo, I don't have high hopes that it will see big gains. Of course, Josh at KDM Tuners seems to be pumping out built engines fairly often. So on one of his built motors with a bigger turbo there might be pretty nice results.

Either way, that thing looks very nice and motivates me to want to make my engine bay look better. I'm sure that it would allow running a larger throttlebody too.

·
Registered
91 Posts

With the stock turbo, I don't have high hopes that it will see big gains. Of course, Josh at KDM Tuners seems to be pumping out built engines fairly often. So on one of his built motors with a bigger turbo there might be pretty nice results.

Either way, that thing looks very nice and motivates me to want to make my engine bay look better. I'm sure that it would allow running a larger throttlebody too.
Message KDM tuners on Facebook. Josh is very straightforward to talk to. He can give you the best information on this product

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have emailed him before. He's given me some great tips on setting up my suspension.
I was thinking if someone had some info and wanted to share it here that could be cool rather than several people shooting him emails/messages.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Just speculation and opinions which do not mean anything

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
274 Posts

Looking at this manifold and the design of it with the straight runners and nice plenum, it should do a fairly good job of out performing the stock intake manifold.

I'm so hoping this manifold does come out for the 1.6 liter engine, turbo, and n/a.
Ive been waiting for someone to do this and if done right will even have velocity stacks built into the runners inside the plenum. 😍
Make it so KDMTUNERS and I'll be there waving my money at you. 😂😉

Btw does anyone know what that fuel pressure regulator looking device is to the right of the picture with the brass filter on it?
I'm almost thinking it's a type of catch can?
Anyone have ideas on this. Got my curiosity up on what it is.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
It has velocity stacks in it.....
That's a mac solenoid you're referring to.....
Not going to be cheap to produce at all from what I know so far.....

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
274 Posts
It has velocity stacks in it.....
That's a mac solenoid you're referring to.....
Ahh, shows you my ignorance on the solenoid. The brass filter threw me off for sure on what it was and I'm still learning. 😉
Thanks @trdtoy for the info.
If they have a group buy as they did on their baffled oil pan I'm in. 😁

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just speculation and opinions which do not mean anything
Stop being modest. Your opinions and speculations are valued!

I am a bit surprised at the design. How high it sets in the engine bay and the length of the runners leads me (in my limited knowledge of intake manifolds) to believe that some real thought was put into it other than just, "Lets make the runners as short as possible!!"

Looking at this manifold and the design of it with the straight runners and nice plenum, it should do a fairly good job of out performing the stock intake manifold.

I'm so hoping this manifold does come out for the 1.6 liter engine, turbo, and n/a.
Ive been waiting for someone to do this and if done right will even have velocity stacks built into the runners inside the plenum. 😍
Make it so KDMTUNERS and I'll be there waving my money at you. 😂😉
I hope you're right. But on the n/a motor or with the stock turbo my guess is that we will see underwhelming results. Maybe I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I expect something along the lines of 5whp in the upper rpm range (and that may be overly optimistic). With a bigger turbo and a built motor that can rev to 8500 or 9000 rpms, maybe like 15 whp. But what do I know!

I am optimistically hoping for something in the $500 range but expect north of $800. If its over $1000 I wont be shocked by any means.

Regardless of price and regardless of stock turbo performance, its still really cool that someone is producing an intake manifold. To me, it seems like its a big step in the aftermarket scene. Someone is really investing in a part that calls for some more complicated design than some other more common bolt-ons. I'm regularly impressed with KDM Tuners. If I recall correctly, there is someone with one of his built motors than can rev out to 9k.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts