Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No posts yet, Anyone have any good setups to hold all thoes cleaners for your VT :)

For right now this is all I could come up with :D

Toy

P.s. Anyone have brown rings on the chrome inserts? Those are impossible to get off!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mothers metal polish took easy care of the water spots on my chrome inserts.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
So it looks like you have that inside your trunk? What are you using to hold it down so it doesn't move around the trunk while the car is moving.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet! It's my first new car so I'm extra paranoid about the little things ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For right now its just got a ratchet strap on the child seat anchors and a microfiber behind the crate to keep from tearing up the carpet on the back of the seat :) I'd like to find a more permanent solution but it's very snug as is!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what type of cleaners do you use..... i use all Meguiars products
We used to own a small auto detailing business so.. this sounds weird but they only sell the cleaners to businesses, there high concentrate that you mix with water to delute them.

Off the top of my head i have

Spray wax: shammy off for a nice finish
Final Touch: simmalar
Wheel cleaner: like acid so i hardly use it (loves to eat clearcoat)
interior leather
interior fabric
engine cleaner
tire shine (with sex lube in it, sounds wonky but it gives a better shine because legally they cannot add the oils in tire shine that they used to)
hmmm Meguiars soap
Meguiars multi purpose wipes
and a few things my friends picked up for me as a gift.

Soon metal polish to get rid of the water spots on the chrome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mothers clay bar
M205 for scratches and swirls
klasse aio
klasse ksg
collinate 915
final touch for booster and qd

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
i have my stuff in a tool bag... will post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I used to carry round a similar tub full of product in my Statesman - since putting the Opti Coat on the VT all I have now, in a bag on the bag hook in the boot, is:

Spray bottle of Optimum No Rinse diluted down to quick detailer level
Eagle One 20/20
Aerospace 303 for the interior plastic
Meguiars Hot Shine Tyre Spray
One huge microfibre waffle weave towel for water removal after washing
About a dozen microfibre cloths, a couple of waffle weave for final detailing, a couple for glass, interior, one for rims & exhaust cleaning, etc.

·
Registered
194 Posts
For those of you who want to clean & polish the whole car inside & out the "waterless" way, consider the "Complete Detail Kit" from Dri Wash & Guard..
It even comes with its own carrying case with handle for easy travel.. heres what comes in the case;

*Complete Detail Kit

The Complete Detail Kit is the "Best-of-DWG". Give your car the attention that it deserves! This hi-tech package sets the industry standard for "Vehicle Appearance". Here is everything you need to give your vehicle the ultimate cleaning, polishing and protection. Just add TLC! Your car will look the best ever.

Includes:
one full size bottle of each of the following:
ULTRA-ION™ Car with 8 oz Applicator
Premium Metal Polish
Fabric & Upholstery Cleaner
Leather & Vinyl Treatment
Tire & Trim Treatment,
OxyGone™
Dust B' Gone™
Vehicle Car Automotive design Wheel Automotive lighting Product Room Automotive wheel system Tire Wheel
For more info on Dri Wash n Guard "Waterless" wash & polish, refer to this thread;
http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/veloster-turbo-detailing/1479-1-step-clean-polish-no-water.html

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Here's a pic of mine. Auto part Tool

dr Beasley products that came with the car. Soon to be replaced with Adams polishes as soon as Drs Bs runs out.

Funny that everyone thinks Matte cars are so hard to take care of but I only need soap, sealer, detailer to keep it looking clean.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I use
Soap: chemical guys citrus wash and clear
Wheels: Chemical guys citrus wash and clear (this stuff is amazing)

when doing a full detail the following are my go-to items:

clay bar: Meguiars Clay

polish: Meguiars m105 followed by M205 (with porter cable PC 7424 XP)

wax: Collinite 476S / Colinite 845

sealant: blackfire wet diamond

wheels sealant: Armor All Wheel Protectant

tire shine: Turtle Wax black tire coat

interior: Griot's garage interior cleaner followed by Meguiars Interior Detailer

Windows: Stoner Invisible Glass followed by Rain X

Exhaust: Steel wool (#0000) + Mother's Mag Alumn. Polish (this combo is the absolute best combo EVER! :p)
some people cringe when they hear steel wool but this is the "extra extra fine" and with the polish and a nice buff it comes out flawless)
this was on my old G35 exhaust
Before

During:

After:

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
You carry all that stuff around with you wherever you go .. don't you have a garage?

A little OCD don't you think :smile:

·
Registered
684 Posts
I would carry it all as well, and not everyone has he luxury of a garage :(. I actually really like the turtle wax ICE products. and when I was in a club, we were sponsored by smartwax, that is good stuff as well, also VOODOO detailer is amazing crap lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.