Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Kill the annoying key out of car chime

10K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  Veets 
#1 ·
Does anybody know how to kill that annoying key out of car chime? Every time I get out of the car to open the garage door SCREEEEEEECH!

#3 ·
I feel your pain. This happens everyday to me as well and it drives me crazy. Yes, I could take the key out of my pocket, but call me lazy lol. I have no clue how or if you can turn it off tho

#10 ·
not a solution, but a tip: don't fully close the VT's door when you walk out to do stuff. i do this whenever i get my mail, and it chimes when i close the door. it does annoy me too, but hey, i'd rather have it do that as this helps me know where my key is (more useful than it sounds).

or sometimes, i take my key out (of my pocket) and leave it on the seat - but i do it only when i have a passenger.

better yet, get the electrochromatic mirror with HomeLink!

#16 ·
Only for a mile? I thought you could drive til you turn it off without the key... like drive all the way to work and not be able to crank it back up and drive home lol!

#17 ·
You are correct, it will stay running until you turn it off. It's not restricted to only a mile.

#19 ·
Five seconds is my limit. ?:crazy:

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#29 ·
What about disabling the "agree" button on the Navigation? Annoying!

Reactions: JaiMento
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.