Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm excited to be the first to offer the Ksport coilovers for sale for the Veloster/Veloster Turbo here in the US. I've been working with Ksport for over 6 years now developing both roadrace and gravel products for both the BG and BF Mazda Protege/323 platforms. Over the last 10 years we've looked at many of the companies selling coilovers for the import market and have really had to narrow down the field based on quality and ability to supply product in a timely fashion---we've chosen/sold Ksport and KW exclusively for our street/track enthusiast customers and both KONI and MOTON to our professional race teams. Ksports quality, their commitment to excellent customer service, R&D and the fact that we've never had a failure while running/winning several roadrace and one rally championship's really set them above the rest. I'm proud to run their products on our race/street cars and even more excited to offer them for sale to our customers. They are an incredible value for the dollar!

Key Features:

* 36-way adjustable dampening
* Made from high quality 6061 Aluminum with T6 for increased hardness
* Compression/Rebound adjustable
* Adjustable spring perch for height adjustment
* Adjustable body allowing maximum suspension travel
* Pillow Ball Top Mount w/ adjustable camber (not available for some models)
* Monotube High Pressure Design reduces oil leakage
* Electroplated body for protection from corrosion and rust
* Completely rebuildable/revalvable

Piercemotorsports will offer the Ksport coilover system delivered to your door for $1040 here in the US. Free shipping/no tax and additionally for the rest of the year (til' December 31st, 2012) we'll throw in a 2 point DOM/mig welded lower suspension tiebar---a $90 value absolutely free delivered to your door. It'll take a week or so before the Ksport products are available for sale on our website so please feel free to contact me here/PM me or call us at the shop (310-542-2977) to place your order.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sooo...... anyone get these?
We do have them on our car and there's about 3 other set's or so around---they are a very good value and have a ton of adjustability and seemed to be designed/a bit better quality than some of the other units available. I really like how the rears mount like a normal shock and don't have the mounting hole off the side of the can leaving the bottom of the shock an issue for impacts on speedbumps etc when you go really low. We have a couple different setups, for street/autocross/track/race. Currently they're backordered/having some challenge with the upper hats---they got the elantra's mixed up with the Velosters so the kits are being held until the hats have been fixed, which I understand should be pretty quick as we've been waiting for some time now. We should have them available to order here shortly and then it's normally a few weeks from Japan.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They do allow you to use the torsion---always have, the original pics were just generic ones. They'll be $990 shipped---the quality is just much better than the others I've seen---billet CNC aluminum clevis/mounts---more range of adjustability with more positions---the quality of the finish---they use a better bearing up top in the camber plate that offers some vibration dampening...really nice value for the dollar.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Was coming back in to edit, but you were too damn fast!
Couple questions...
Are you selling KW and Ksport?
Do you know the spring rates?
You're also pretty local. Would the price drop if I picked them up?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got a computer up and working too---ours died yesterday...I do sell both KW and KSPORT as well as KONI, MOTON, JRZ, OHLINS, BILISTEIN and a few others. The Ksports are 7kg fr and 4kg rears. Yep if you pop in and drop off a check/cash I'll be able to work with you---I can install them too if needed---$250 installed with alignment/ride height set. We're getting pretty quick these days!! They're in stock at KSPORT so it's usually a next day deal.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, that'll work---I didn't see any here at the shop---but it just dawned on me one of the racecars here has Ksports so I'll check in the morning. I thought that email I forwarded had the info...

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The eye on the rear shock is threaded onto the shock shaft, so you'll take the eye/mount off and the shaft is hollow---you use the allen wrench they provide, slide it in and it index's the adjustment inside the shaft/shock body---it has 36 positions of adjustability/clicks you can use to fine tune it---the range will cover everything from super soft at zero to "racecar" stiff---most of the guys are under 10 on the street and then near 20 at the track. It takes us about 5 minutes a side to make the change at the track...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can I order just the front coilovers, and how much? I already have brand new Koni shocks for the rear.
I'll check for you---I don't think it'll be an issue for them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts