Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 rspec So I’ve watched so many forums, got advice, researched how to do it, watched the videos, debated if it was time consuming... I’m here to say on this discussion.. easy as hell!! I did Lasfit h11b leds with the conversion kit... if you worry about disconnecting the bumper... stop... 4 10mm in the middle and same size for each light housing... plus one on the inside of the fenderwhel by the tire “turn left or right” bumper will still be attached under the headlight and to the quarter panel so don’t be afraid to tug a lil and make pop apart, feels like you might brake it but pull upwards and finesse it a bit “don’t be scared to pull or finesse”... headlight came out, 3phillips bolts.. “tilt” and if they fall it’s okay, they’ll rattle out” meaning you rattle them out haha ... mounted new bulbs “easy connect and play”. “Also left access wire inside away from the bulb! Oh and the dust cover fits!”.. and bam good to go! Took maybe an hour between beers and just a socket wrench and Phillips.. anyways, had to post, hopefully that answers any questions I had that maybe you did to help save some research!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2016 rspec So I’ve watched so many forums, got advice, researched how to do it, watched the videos, debated if it was time consuming... I’m here to say on this discussion.. easy as hell!! I did Lasfit h11b leds with the conversion kit... if you worry about disconnecting the bumper... stop... 4 10mm in the middle and same size for each light housing... plus one on the inside of the fenderwhel by the tire “turn left or right” bumper will still be attached under the headlight and to the quarter panel so don’t be afraid to tug a lil and make pop apart, feels like you might brake it but pull upwards and finesse it a bit “don’t be scared to pull or finesse”... headlight came out, 3phillips bolts.. “tilt” and if they fall it’s okay, they’ll rattle out” meaning you rattle them out haha ... mounted new bulbs “easy connect and play”. “Also left access wire inside away from the bulb! Oh and the dust cover fits!”.. and bam good to go! Took maybe an hour between beers and just a socket wrench and Phillips.. anyways, had to post, hopefully that answers any questions I had that maybe you did to help save some research!! View attachment 105674 View attachment 105675 View attachment 105676 View attachment 105677 View attachment 105678 View attachment 105679

Led turn signal bulbs today as well

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks good now you have to split them and paint 👍 but my question is about your grill I have the same one and was wondering the other day while my bumper was off if I could fit the license plate plastic cover under the grill to push it out a bit since I just have the bare crash bar exposed and it rubs on the top edge. I didn't think it would fit or flex enough but I see you still have it. Do you just have it retained with some screws? Any problems with fitment? Sorry to jump off topic but I'm glad I came across your pics before I install my fmic

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good now you have to split them and paint 👍 but my question is about your grill I have the same one and was wondering the other day while my bumper was off if I could fit the license plate plastic cover under the grill to push it out a bit since I just have the bare crash bar exposed and it rubs on the top edge. I didn't think it would fit or flex enough but I see you still have it. Do you just have it retained with some screws? Any problems with fitment? Sorry to jump off topic but I'm glad I came across your pics before I install my fmic
So it actually pushes against the grill and the pressure separated it from the mounting top plate piece, you can see what I’m referring to in the pictures, you could grind off the corners of the crash bar mounting plate and it would avoid the pressure on the grill, I’m just waiting to do so cause I’m installing the front mount bar and 845 intercooler kit.. if you plan on not buying the monster intercooler and keeping the same crash bar I’d just grind off the corners and it’ll work just fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.