Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased the LED Interior Lighting Kit from Precision LED? And if so, how do you like it? Was it easy to install. Their install video shows it is very simple.

Here it is: Hyundai Veloster LED Interior Package

I have looked at the others on the forum but I don't like the boards they bring. Prefer the bulbs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed the full interior kit from Diode Dynamics which was quite easy but is boards as you said.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed the full interior kit from Diode Dynamics which was quite easy but is boards as you said.
I heard the boards are not easy to install. Thankfully I don't have a dome light.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I heard the boards are not easy to install. Thankfully I don't have a dome light.
It's the easiest mod you can do even the dome light...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I purchased mine from a different source. The led I got was super bright. Which is great for the vanity and trunk lights. But for the map light it felt odd because it was way too bright. So I ended up putting in blue led for the map lights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Even with the boards I found them very easy to install. Hardest one to do was the trunk light as it was a tight fit but still fit fine. I also don't have a dome light.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Whenever I think of LED lighting I think back to the night I totaled my GTI. The first thing i remember after slamming the car into the curb (leaving 1/4th of the wheel missing on every wheel) was the bright blue led lights come on shining through the smoke of the airbags :p

I'm not superstitious in any way whatsoever but I'm too paranoid to change them lmao

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got my LEDs from Diode Dynamics. The trunk and map lights are boards, but were easy to install! The vanity LEDs are a bulb, but that was a pain in the ass to put on!

Light Lighting Automotive lighting Tire Auto part

Automotive lighting Light Lighting Headlamp Mode of transport

Before
Black Automotive design Light Darkness Automotive lighting

After
Vehicle Car Family car Automotive design Mid-size car

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought and installed from precision led. Everything fit perfect, youtube video on website made it simple, came with 4 piece interior trim kit to help installation, only about two tools were helpful but oh well. The only advice I have is take your time, I was in a rush and when flipping the bulbs over for polarity, forgot to disconnect lamps first and blew two fuses, no biggy but pain in the ass

1 - 13 of 13 Posts