Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if this is a repost. I have searched this forum and the veloster.org forums but I can't find a solid answer.

I just bought a '14 Turbo and firstly, it's bad-ass. I love it. But I'm confused about the headlights.

I didn't get the auto-headlights option so I'm just wondering how the LEDs work. If I'm rolling around in the day, is it possible for me to use JUST the LED strip/halo lights and nothing else? Obviously they turn on when I park, but I just want to know what they are doing when it's not in park. I live on a hill, otherwise I'd just throw it in neutral.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Front LEDs are parking lights. We have no DRLs, if you want them to show up during the day turn on your parking lights. I'm sure someone has already modded them to be DRL, but I don't know the steps. At least the VT has actually LEDs, my Genesis Coupe R Spec has those for the fogs but there are no actual LEDs in there, only the track version gets the goodies. :sad:

Welcome.

:this_thread_is_wort

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes. And no.

They stay on while driving around. If you have them on.

Lights have three "stages"..

Fully off.. Nothing is lighted up.

"Parking lights".. Side markers (Amber pieces on far outer corners), LED strip (eyelines) and halo circles on.

Headlights on.. Everything is on, including low or high beams as you have them selected.

But no real "DRL" option that turns on automatically all the time like some other cars do..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. And no.

"Parking lights".. Side markers (Amber pieces on far outer corners), LED strip (eyelines) and halo circles on.

Headlights on.. Everything is on, including low or high beams as you have them selected.

But no real "DRL" option that turns on automatically all the time like some other cars do..
Thanks to both of you. That's just fine, as long as I can at least have them on (manual or otherwise) I'm happy! Oh, and here's my VT :) I have HIDs on the way.

View attachment hyundai.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For what it's worth, I just checked and my car has a "DRL" option on the knob. It turns on the inner lights. I'll stick with my parking lights ;)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Here's what the headlight looks like with parking lights on

·
Registered
741 Posts
For a second ^ looks like a cool effect on your headlights but then I realized it was the ceiling light reflecting off the headlight.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My friend just bought a 2014 and it too has DRL. The high beam bulb acts as the DRL but its dim and yellowish in color. IMO it looks like crap with the white LED strip and projector circle. I would but a set of H7 LED bulbs from one of the vendors so when the DRLs are on everything will match

I'm sorry if this is a repost. I have searched this forum and the veloster.org forums but I can't find a solid answer.

I just bought a '14 Turbo and firstly, it's bad-ass. I love it. But I'm confused about the headlights.

I didn't get the auto-headlights option so I'm just wondering how the LEDs work. If I'm rolling around in the day, is it possible for me to use JUST the LED strip/halo lights and nothing else? Obviously they turn on when I park, but I just want to know what they are doing when it's not in park. I live on a hill, otherwise I'd just throw it in neutral.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Yes. And no.

you forgot the 4th option, auto. :p

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't have a 2014... and maybe it's different here in Canada... but I think all new cars here need DRL... so for my 2013, even if you have the headlights turned off (and appear fully off when parked), as soon as I take off the e-brake the high beams turn on, just dimmer then usual as many other cars here do... not sure if it's the same in the states though...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
welcome to the forum. the LEDs turn on with the front amber reflector and the rear lamps when you put your light control on first click/level. it stays on with the low beam and high beam. thankfully, you have the option to not have any lights on at all. i hate drls or any lights that turn on when i don't want it to. like when you want to go batman mode at night - lol, just kidding.

the auto headlamps are for people who forget to turn their headlamps on. when it gets dark, it turns on the low beam. for you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Canada has mandated DRLs for quite some time. That's why all cars sold there have the function.

Elsewhere it's not mandated so some vehicles come with, some do not.

Usually I find it a good idea on really fog prone areas. But otherwise I believe "Auto" lamps with a light sensor on dash much more convenient.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My friend just bought a 2014 and it too has DRL. The high beam bulb acts as the DRL but its dim and yellowish in color. IMO it looks like crap with the white LED strip and projector circle. I would but a set of H7 LED bulbs from one of the vendors so when the DRLs are on everything will match
YeAh I noticed that today :/ not a bad idea, I might just get some led bulbs. I have HIDs on the way so high beams aren't a big deal

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also, I checked out that link... Unfortunately when it comes to reading lighting diagrams I have no idea what I'm doing. Anyone have a good explanation or pictures?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts