Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
.....Go for it.. You will be the first... :)

Reactions: FRAv

·
Registered
23 Posts
This I want to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
I haven't seen any Veloster Turbo with lift kits. I don't know if you are trying to 'dunk' it or make it a mini monster truckish vt. You might want to go to your local hood mom/pop rim shop. I am sure they can steer you in the right direction. I know of couple of mom/pop shops in the hood in fort worth/Dallas area where they specialize in lifting just about anything. I seen the lift an old cutless super high and putting huge rims on it. If you want to venture into that area, let me know and I can tell you where they are at.

Either way, keep us updated. You might be the first to ever do it.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Come on tonyloVT. You are from South Texas. If you are anywhere near Houston, you know damn well everybody and their mamma lift whatever car they have and put 24's on it. Especially around income tax season.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
It could be done fairly easy but rear alignment would start to do some funny things.
People who want those big rims on their cars do not care about alignment. I seen slightly lifted cars with big rims and the fronts look to have crazy positive camber and the rears have less than that and it looks entirely stupid. but they do not care how anything looks as long as they have the biggest wheels they can possibly fit on whatever car they have. I have my opinion on it, but I'll keep it to myself. It takes all kinds I guess.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
People who want those big rims on their cars do not care about alignment. I seen slightly lifted cars with big rims and the fronts look to have crazy positive camber and the rears have less than that and it looks entirely stupid. but they do not care how anything looks as long as they have the biggest wheels they can possibly fit on whatever car they have. I have my opinion on it, but I'll keep it to myself. It takes all kinds I guess.
Well to his defense did he say that was the reason he wanted to lift it. Maybe he just wanted to be able to clear his driveway or he lives on a dirt road with lots of bumps. Next year winter mode I might see how high my coilovers will go.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Well to his defense did he say that was the reason he wanted to lift it. Maybe he just wanted to be able to clear his driveway or he lives on a dirt road with lots of bumps. Next year winter mode I might see how high my coilovers will go.
No, he mention nothing about why he was asking. I am just guessing that is why he wants to lift it.

PLEASE keep us updated on that. I am very curious how high your coilovers go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone thought or tried to put a lift kit on a Veloster yet?
Yo, I know im a few years late but the more i search the more disapointed i am in the fact that no one has done any off-road style upgrades to their velosters... I plan to jump on this asap and make my 2013 re:mix an off-road looking one of a kind beast!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a rally team or 2 that use a Velo. I considered the idea of going a rally route as opposed to tuner/lowered, and looked into the idea of lifting it an inch or inch and a half and putting mud tires on it, plus a tube-frame bumper.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts